Nationalisation..

Yes but you need strong laws in place to keep the trade unions in check to make sure that the profits get reinvested back into the industry/state, or prices come down. No point in doing it if prices stay the same but your local meter reader is getting £50k a year although I'd still rather any excess £ go to the workers rather than the owners.

Rail, water, gas, electric and Royal Mail.
Rail - yes 100% and probably the easiest to do

Water, gas and electricity - yes, would be nice but can’t see it happening.

Royal Mail - no, unless it gets an exclusive (cheap) on amazon deliveries. I can’t see a behemoth surviving in the delivery business. There’s so much choice and fragmentation of the market now.

NHS - yes bring back in house all the profit making stuff sold off, ...as you know... it’s like profitable and can therefore subsidise the stuff that can never be profitable - A&E, complicated surgery etc. And so benefit the rest of NHS rather than bleeding off it’s ‘profit’ centres.

Oh yes lets do it, I am old enough to remember when we had virtually everything nationalised and it was wonderful. I was going to type more but the nurse is here with my meds, must dash.

I think infrastructure and utilities should never have been sold off, we subsidise every one of these via tax so pay for the services multiple times. Gas is gas, electricity is electricity no one sells HDgas competition falsely created in these markets imo.The government want everyone out of their cars and onto public transport but the services are poor at best and in alot of cases it's cheaper to run a car than use it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.