West Ham United 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
Just broken their transfer record for the third time in a little over 12 months to sign Sébastien Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt.

Haller, a former France U21 international scored 20 goals in 41 appearances last season and sounds a decent buy. He is the fourth player to join the Irons this summer, following the acquisition of Spanish midfielder, Pablo Fornals and the goalkeeping duo Roberto and David Martin.

I have a feeling that the 'Ammers might surprise a few people in the next ten months. Pellers is a wily old fox and will know what's needed to take them to the next level.

Wrote it yesterday to an English mate: This transfer sumps up everything that is wrong with football today. If a mid table/relegation team can splash out 50 Million on a player, something is seriously wrong.

Yes...obviously I am gutted that he leaves Frankfurt, but still...this is stupid.

Pretty sure he will do fine for the Hammers, ten times the player Arnautovic ever was and ever will be.

Wrote it yesterday to an English mate: This transfer sumps up everything that is wrong with football today. If a mid table/relegation team can splash out 50 Million on a player, something is seriously wrong.

Yes...obviously I am gutted that he leaves Frankfurt, but still...this is stupid.

Pretty sure he will do fine for the Hammers, ten times the player Arnautovic ever was and ever will be.

Why is it any more wrong that West Ham can splash out that kind of money than that City, United, Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea can?

Seems a tad hypocritical.

Haller is a good signing. They've got some quality attacking players. My concern is their defensive,. As we know Pellers will always persist attacking but defensively his teams are real shaky.

Expecting them to be able to swat away teams lower down with their attack but struggle anytime they play a top 8 side, or a team that persists in attacking them heavily.

I can see where you're coming from in terms of being in the Bundesliga and world football as a whole, but for the Prem I think it's fantastic that mid table teams can strenghten like this and potentially become a force.

Maybe other leagues need to look into their methods of equalisation, which has allowed clubs like West Ham to do this in the Prem.

Need some new full backs and a good CB to put alongside Diop and thats a good team.

i was just about to start this thread topic dammit !

I think we're in for a good season

Our fans have put there dummy's away and stopped crying over the move.

we have a good manager in Pellegrini and made some very astute signings whilst keeping hold of many of our best players.

i predict we'll finish 8th.

COYI !

firstly , how are we considered a ''relegation team'' ?

why is it wrong we can spend on a player like this ?

Arnie was class, if he is good as him i'd be chuffed

The solution to the problem is very easy.
European teams should be made to sell their players more cheaply.
If it's English, it's wrong seems to be the continental way of thinking.

A lot of teams like to tut tut about too much money while tucking a big fat wedge in their back pocket. Dortmund being the biggest two-faced arseholes.

Just broken their transfer record for the third time in a little over 12 months to sign Sébastien Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt.
Didn't West Germany have a Haller in the 1966 World Cup final? Any relation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.