West Ham United 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just about to start this thread topic dammit !

I think we're in for a good season

Our fans have put there dummy's away and stopped crying over the move.

we have a good manager in Pellegrini and made some very astute signings whilst keeping hold of many of our best players.

i predict we'll finish 8th.

COYI !
Above the rags, that'll do me !

I believe @Bembeltown's logic was that Eintracht just got to the Europa League semi-final (probably should have been the final), as well as winning the Pokal in 2017, and now their most important striker (don't say Jovic was more important - better goalscorer, yes, more important, no) has gone to a team that (aside from 15/16) have not looked likely to be challenging for any silverware whatsoever. From an Eintracht fan's perspective, I can see how this one could be hard to take.

Think Fornals was a really good signing for them. Interested to see how he looks in the side.

The signing of Haller just shows the distortion money makes. The top 6 in England are rich enough to divide themselves from the rest, but now the money in the league is so big that clubs further down the league can out muscle foreign clubs. And Germany are one of the top 6 Euro leagues, the other countries are definitely screwed.

Although I'd have some sympathy for Eintracht fans I don't recall them complaining that the German league could take the best players from lesser leagues. I don't know what the answer is (or even if there is an answer), but I'm glad City don't have to put up with this any more. And it finally looks like the PL might be becoming competitive.

Wrote it yesterday to an English mate: This transfer sumps up everything that is wrong with football today. If a mid table/relegation team can splash out 50 Million on a player, something is seriously wrong.

Yes...obviously I am gutted that he leaves Frankfurt, but still...this is stupid.

Pretty sure he will do fine for the Hammers, ten times the player Arnautovic ever was and ever will be.
Isn't this is an issue for German football? As long as Bayern have a stranglehold it will be uncompetitive and not attractive to TV companies. I love the Bundesliga but it needs six or seven clubs to step up alongside Bayern Munich to make it more valuable overseas. West Ham get a huge chunk of TV money just like all the Premier League teams. To be fair West Ham is a big club with crowds of almost 60,000 so you could argue that they are only just starting to fulfil their proper potential. I agree that the money is crazy but it won't last for ever in my view so we may as well enjoy it while we can.

Not going to quote everything that was said, so let me elaborate further:

@Hammers fans: Sorry, calling your team a relegation team was maybe a bit harsh, but I mid table team definitely fits imho. As Alex mentioned its highly unlikely that you will compete for anything at least next season due to the financial muscle of the top six. Happy for you guys and Sebastian if it turns out to be different at the end of the season.
In my opinion Haller is agreat fit for the PL. More talented than Arnautovic and he is actually a decent, humble and hardworking guy unlike Arnautovic. You will have tons of fun with him up front.

@Rest: The money thing is definitely an issue with the German league, no question about that. Maybe not even the German league, most likely a general issue.
I just can not see how anyone will be able to compete with the financial power of the EPL in the future as even garbage teams like Fullham make a crazy amount of money from the TV deal in comparison to teams outside of the top 6 in the other leagues.

For the EPL that is definitely great to see and it will ensure that it remains the most attractive league in the world. However I wonder what kind of impact it has on the rest of Europe. No idea how to fix this balance issue though. Bayern dominating the league is definitely an issue, same with Serie A and Juve.

Fixing the Bayern dominance would shake up the fundamentals of German football due to the 50+1 rule and I am not sure if this is ever going to happen.

I am not bitter that Jovic or Haller are leaving, thats just the way it is and we made a shit ton of money out of both players which now needs to be carefully spent so that we can at least remain competitive in Germany.

i was just about to start this thread topic dammit !

I think we're in for a good season

Our fans have put there dummy's away and stopped crying over the move.

we have a good manager in Pellegrini and made some very astute signings whilst keeping hold of many of our best players.

i predict we'll finish 8th.

COYI !

Interested to know what you think of Pellers in more detail

With us he was flat out attack, from the 1st minute to the 90th. First season was breathtaking football, probably as good as we've played these last two seasons. Second and third teams did a bit more to figure us out, and by the third we were easily thwarted by the top teams.

Unfortunately, he tended to neglect the defensive aspect and we were often easily cut through the middle. His high line could leave us exposed, along with playing slow centre halves. Often he's pair Fernandinho and Yaya in the midfield, with Fernadinho having to run for the both of them. The team didn't work no where near as it does under Guardiola, including guys like Aguero who's workrate Pep has transformed.

All in all I think he's a very good attacking manager, albeit a bit naive and slightly one dimensional in his tactics and approach.

Really looking forward to watching you guys this season, it'll definitely be entertaining.

Interested to know what you think of Pellers in more detail

With us he was flat out attack, from the 1st minute to the 90th. First season was breathtaking football, probably as good as we've played these last two seasons. Second and third teams did a bit more to figure us out, and by the third we were easily thwarted by the top teams.

Unfortunately, he tended to neglect the defensive aspect and we were often easily cut through the middle. His high line could leave us exposed, along with playing slow centre halves. Often he's pair Fernandinho and Yaya in the midfield, with Fernadinho having to run for the both of them. The team didn't work no where near as it does under Guardiola, including guys like Aguero who's workrate Pep has transformed.

All in all I think he's a very good attacking manager, albeit a bit naive and slightly one dimensional in his tactics and approach.

Really looking forward to watching you guys this season, it'll definitely be entertaining.
If only he had maintained that philosophy against Madrid in the CL semi, I love Pell but he lost the plot in that semi, Madrid were there for the taking ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.