Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopps started already,we can't match City's spending.

Yes, I've read that.....

“People talk about it like, ‘Now another £300m or £200m’. There are maybe only two clubs in the world – it looks in the moment like Barcelona and [Real] Madrid can do the same – City and PSG that can do it every year.

This is of course a nonsense, Liverpool and City generate huge amounts of dosh, we operate in the same market, we are both bound by the same FFP restrictions, Liverpool could, more or less, match whatever we spend, they simply choose not to.

Of course Klopp can't tell the dippers that, so without making direct reference to state funded oil rich City and their bottomless pit of cash, he just leaves it out there for the scousers to join the dots, that's how lies and myths are perpetuated.

Yes, I've read that.....

“People talk about it like, ‘Now another £300m or £200m’. There are maybe only two clubs in the world – it looks in the moment like Barcelona and [Real] Madrid can do the same – City and PSG that can do it every year.

This is of course a nonsense, Liverpool and City generate huge amounts of dosh, we operate in the same market, we are both bound by the same FFP restrictions, Liverpool could, more or less, match whatever we spend, they simply choose not to.

Of course Klopp can't tell the dippers that, so without making direct reference to state funded oil rich City and their bottomless pit of cash, he just leaves it out there for the scousers to join the dots, that's how lies and myths are perpetuated.

They will lap this up as he has just landed them the champions league, if he bombs this season he can blame City for out spending them. I wonder what the players will start thinking if they start to creek backwards and are no where near the biggest prizes in the coming seasons, I would imagine Mane, Salah and Van Dijk would have desires on Spain. No amount of great European nights and singing ‘you’ll never walk alone’ can stop their heads from looking elsewhere. Raheem is the poster boy for that and he hasn’t done too badly?

Yes, I've read that.....

Now where's that dipper that kept telling us about all the money they were making and how they were going to match us on spending? £40m loss in the last accounts once the Coutinho sale is removed. Higher amortization and wages last year, they'd be lucky to break even with the CL win. They'll be selling players again soon. Such a shame, they've so many fans but apparently none want to spend any money on the club.

They could, but the owners prefer to pocket ALL the profit.

Seem to recall one of their board telling everyone on the final day of the league that they'll be making improvements in the squad. So far they've signed some young ginger CB that was Sandler's replacement at PEC Zwolle. That along with the fact that VAR will be in use this season, they won't get any more than 90 points IMO, and that would be pushing it.

I made the point a while back but they're really gambling on the fitness of players who haven't had an injury in a couple years now. If any of van Dijk, Robertson, Salah, Mane, or Firmino get hurt they don't have anyone that is currently behind them that can keep their level up. Other than Gomez and Oxlade-Chamberlain they had very few injuries last season.

Jorgen has played a blinder for FSG. Focusing on City’s, PSG’s, Barcelona’s and Real’s transfer spending to deflect from FSG giving him no transfer money this Summer. FSG have got their arm right up Jorgen’s arse. So far up that they are tickling his tonsils. They've told Him there is little or no money this Summer to spend on transfers. He blew it all last Summer. Thankfully for him, he won the CL, otherwise he would have been in the shit. This Summer FFP and Liverpool’s player wages are beginning to bite. Unless there is a shock signing, Liverpool will go with the same team and squad as last season, and with VAR against them.

Jorgen has played a blinder for FSG. Focusing on City’s, PSG’s, Barcelona’s and Real’s transfer spending to deflect from FSG giving him no transfer money this Summer. FSG have got their arm right up Jorgen’s arse. So far up that they are tickling his tonsils. They've told Him there is little or no money this Summer to spend on transfers. He blew it all last Summer. Thankfully for him, he won the CL, otherwise he would have been in the shit. This Summer FFP and Liverpool’s player wages are beginning to bite. Unless there is a shock signing, Liverpool will go with the same team and squad as last season, and with VAR against them.

Well they have Oxlaide-Chamberlain. Apparently he's a new signing, well as good as ;-)

Why is Klopp whining about spending? I thought each and every player in the world would play for free for both the rages and the dippers. They are European Royalty and Moral PL Winners. Klopp is too modest. He wants to pay the transfer fees and wages even though he can get them for free, la. Allez, Allez, Allez.

Laughable from Klipperty, throwing about absolute bollocks dressed up as fact. As things stand we could go two pre-seasons running without investing heavily (compared to what we could afford to spend) in the transfer market

Correct me if I’m wrong but last summer we bought Mahrez and pretty much sold an equivalent value.

Peps first two years saw a major overhaul in the squad, and that did cost. It now appears to be about fine tuning.

He has also lumped us in with 3 other teams who blow us out of the water when it comes to spending.

Is he setting a narrative as he knows they are going to struggle to replicate last season’s form?

Laughable from Klipperty, throwing about absolute bollocks dressed up as fact. As things stand we could go two pre-seasons running without investing heavily (compared to what we could afford to spend) in the transfer market

Correct me if I’m wrong but last summer we bought Mahrez and pretty much sold an equivalent value.

Peps first two years saw a major overhaul in the squad, and that did cost. It now appears to be about fine tuning.

He has also lumped us in with 3 other teams who blow us out of the water when it comes to spending.

Is he setting a narrative as he knows they are going to struggle to replicate last season’s form?
He has set up his latest excuse for not winning the title,we can't compete with city because they have more money than us regardless of whether we are spending it or not,he forgot to say city have spent well and have built a machine through good planing and getting most players in young and nowhere near the money he spent on dick and allisson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.