Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

Good Article on the BBC website today.

If Vinny can deliver with Anderlecht he might just be setting up a future Managerial job with a certain team close to all our affections. Obviously he would be a great fit, knows the club inside out and has been well schooled in Pep’s methodology.

I’m pretty sure Arteta is being groomed as Pep’s successor but it would be great to have Vinny in contention as well.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48764291

RSC Anderlecht launched an undercover charm offensive to lure Vincent Kompany back to Belgium, while he was still playing for Manchester City. Sporting director Frank Arnesen began his bid to convince Kompany to rejoin the club in March. [@MullockSMirror]

Frank Arnesen: “I was there – and yet I had to play dumb because so very few people knew Vince was going to leave the club for Anderlecht. I could not say a single word to anyone. In fact, even my son Sebastian knew nothing – and he is working as a scout for City."

"Six days after our decision, we sat down and my first question was chucked at him. I said, ‘Are you ready for it? I don’t want you to get slaughtered as a manager’. Vincent did not have the slightest doubt."

RSC Anderlecht launched an undercover charm offensive to lure Vincent Kompany back to Belgium, while he was still playing for Manchester City. Sporting director Frank Arnesen began his bid to convince Kompany to rejoin the club in March. [@MullockSMirror]

Frank Arnesen: “I was there – and yet I had to play dumb because so very few people knew Vince was going to leave the club for Anderlecht. I could not say a single word to anyone. In fact, even my son Sebastian knew nothing – and he is working as a scout for City."

"Six days after our decision, we sat down and my first question was chucked at him. I said, ‘Are you ready for it? I don’t want you to get slaughtered as a manager’. Vincent did not have the slightest doubt."
And, in a few years, and Tixi asks the same question, Vinny will say yes.
The thing that exites me most is the legacy of Pep.
Go back to Rinus Michels (and beyond), thru Cruyff, and Pep and you see a whole football culture. The same continuous identity saw Liverpool domiinate for 20 years thru the boot room..
One of Pep's successors will have that to live up to. What a prospect.......ppl talk about how the Ciry culture transformed football. I will be dead then, but I can sit in hell and watch City change the world.

Bollocks

And, in a few years, and Tixi asks the same question, Vinny will say yes.
The thing that exites me most is the legacy of Pep.
Go back to Rinus Michels (and beyond), thru Cruyff, and Pep and you see a whole football culture. The same continuous identity saw Liverpool domiinate for 20 years thru the boot room..
One of Pep's successors will have that to live up to. What a prospect.......ppl talk about how the Ciry culture transformed football. I will be dead then, but I can sit in hell and watch City change the world.

And all achieved on the back of a couple of donated Giro cheques.

And all achieved on the back of a couple of donated Giro cheques.

And don’t let anyone ever tell you different.
For the last 50 years without the injection of Littlewoods ££££ they would’ve ended up very similar to the Sheffield clubs imo
They are no different to any other club who has been successful...it’s all about the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.