United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still scores goals though and he does score against the top teams. What I said was its the rags that has made him look shit. They do not know how to play him.[/QU
He still scores goals though and he does score against the top teams. What I said was its the rags that has made him look shit. They do not know how to play him.
Lukaku career stats against top 6
Liverpool 5 in 12
City 4 in 10
United 3 in 11
Arsenal 2 in 11
Spurs 1 in 8
Chelsea 0 in 6
Taken off ESPN before last seasons bore draw with the dippers. So that's 15 goals in nearly 60 games 0r 1 in 4. Not exactly Aguero or Vardy is it.

When Lukaku plays for Belgium he looks a decent player , but he has Hazard and KDB pulling the strings , when playing for the Rags he's got Lingard and Rashford , just no comparison , if he isnt getting the service or a team is not playing to his strengths then he has not got a chance of replicating his form for his national team.
Lukaku at Everton reminded me of Bony at Swansea. Both playing in a counter attacking team, playing on the halfway line with wingers, once they had won the ball they could either lay it off to fast wingers or turn and run at the defender. When both players got their big moves, they both no longer had space to use their pace and power, but had to rely on their limited ability

Lukaku career stats against top 6
Liverpool 5 in 12
City 4 in 10
United 3 in 11
Arsenal 2 in 11
Spurs 1 in 8
Chelsea 0 in 6
Taken off ESPN before last seasons bore draw with the dippers. So that's 15 goals in nearly 60 games 0r 1 in 4. Not exactly Aguero or Vardy is it.

i tend to rate him about as high as ashley barnes. based on the fact they got exactly the same number of goals and assists last season.

Lukaku has 37 goals in his last 39 caps for Belgium. That's pretty incredible. Yea he's surrounded by great players, but he would be at any good club team too. His failings are about United being shit more than anything.

Lukaku has 37 goals in his last 39 caps for Belgium. That's pretty incredible. Yea he's surrounded by great players, but he would be at any good club team too. His failings are about United being shit more than anything.

I agree. He needs to lose a stone or two - the pictures of him at Everton show him at fighting weight - and have some speed in starting attacks behind him.

"When Zinedine Zidane seemingly sounded the death knell for Gareth Bale's Real Madrid career, it was informative how quickly word came out of United that they would not be in the market for the Welshman" - Quickly??! It's taken nine transfer windows.
I stopped reading when a certain £100m player was curiously missed from this list

Angel di Maria, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and, more recently, Alexis Sanchez have all been bought despite, seemingly, their style being at odds with the manager's philosophy.
Big money has been spent on others; Memphis Depay, Radamel Falcao, Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger and current squad member Fred, all of whom lacked either the fitness, ability or application for the task in front of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.