Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems he only wants Munich though. Or at least he's using them to either get higher wages or no-one else is going down their route and trying to tap him up.
I think if he was clearly available, plenty of clubs would be in for him, and I doubt he'd refuse a chance to pay for teams like Juventus, Real Madrid or Barcelona. But we also have to think about the cost of replacing him. We could sell him this summer to the only bidder for £100m, and then immediately have to spend £80m of that (plus probably much higher wages) replacing him with someone like Zaha or this bloke from Spain. Or we could keep him for a year, publicly put him up for sale next summer when all of the top clubs have a new transfer budget, and still probably get £100m for him, with the chance that his value would increase further with a good season.

Maybe, but Raheem was playing incredibly before he got the pay rise. Every match thread on here after he had another amazing game was basically followed by "give him what he's asking for."
Raheem had an amazing spell whilst in contract negotiations, and a lot of Blues were saying he's holding the club to ransom, the only player iv ever seen in a City shirt who would play for 10 bob and still give blood, sweat n tears is Bernardo , but some players like Leroy need that incentive, he's also a new father, give him 250k a wk and lay down the law about working for the team.

I think if he was clearly available, plenty of clubs would be in for him, and I doubt he'd refuse a chance to pay for teams like Juventus, Real Madrid or Barcelona. But we also have to think about the cost of replacing him. We could sell him this summer to the only bidder for £100m, and then immediately have to spend £80m of that (plus probably much higher wages) replacing him with someone like Zaha or this bloke from Spain. Or we could keep him for a year, publicly put him up for sale next summer when all of the top clubs have a new transfer budget, and still probably get £100m for him, with the chance that his value would increase further with a good season.
Well we should give him a deadline, and if he doesn't sign, stick him on the market. Still don't think there's any team that can afford him apart from PSG/Munich.

I think he has the highest ceiling of all our players, but if he's 3rd/4th choice and is itching to go to Munich, sometimes there's not that much we can do. If he doesn't work as Pep wants him to (personally never seen him strop or not put 100% in), then we should have made a decision. I can see why he'd be annoyed if he's being benched for Mahrez despite still putting up very respectable numbers and scoring in big games (Liverpool, United, Schalke). He reminds me so much of Ronaldo when he was in the Prem, and the tricks/failed dribbles are annoying, but he's got that moment of magic that so few players have. Shame for both parties if he goes, but that's life.

What we know about him is his attitude on the pitch which at times displays a lack of interest and effort. I have never spoken to the guy so like most fans have no idea what he is like outside of football nor do I care.But if he gives off the impression he won't go the extra mile on the pitch it is hardly surprising some are indifferent whether he stays or goes.
How I see it is a lack of understanding the game fully just yet and like Kyle Walker alluded to in an interview on FiveLive in 2018 - a lack of confidence/belief in himself at times [“if he just believed in himself he could be anything”]

In no way at all do I see a lack of interest or effort.

Exactly but at the time posters on here were saying that, now look what there saying about Leroy.

People get defensive when they think they're not about to get their own way and then pretend they never wanted it in the first place.

Go back to the title parade and watch as the packed streets chant Leroy's name at the top of their lungs, singling him out from the rest of the players. It was a similar situation to Brahim when he scored two against Fulham and got subbed off in the second half. The fans show their appreciation in the only way they know how, in the hopes that if they show enough gratitude then the player will stay.

But the second that it starts to look like their efforts are futile, they'll turn and find a reason why they were better off getting rid. I was thoroughly disappointed to see it happen with Brahim when certain people were clearly revelling in him struggling to get first team minutes in Madrid and it's been continually happening with Sane as the uncertainty has increased.

I just think Sane has one of those faces, if he's not smiling he looks like he's sulking.
Not saying he doesn't sulk, but not as much as some seem to think.
One thing I agree with though, he definitely needs to up his consistency. If he played
with the consistency of Bernado or most of the others come to that, what a player he could be.
I hope he stays.

I just think Sane has one of those faces, if he's not smiling he looks like he's sulking.
Not saying he doesn't sulk, but not as much as some seem to think.
One thing I agree with though, he definitely needs to up his consistency. If he played
with the consistency of Bernado or most of the others come to that, what a player he could be.
I hope he stays.

Couldn't agree more and, for the record, I'm told it's referred to as "resiting woman face".

People get defensive when they think they're not about to get their own way and then pretend they never wanted it in the first place.

Go back to the title parade and watch as the packed streets chant Leroy's name at the top of their lungs, singling him out from the rest of the players. It was a similar situation to Brahim when he scored two against Fulham and got subbed off in the second half. The fans show their appreciation in the only way they know how, in the hopes that if they show enough gratitude then the player will stay.

But the second that it starts to look like their efforts are futile, they'll turn and find a reason why they were better off getting rid. I was thoroughly disappointed to see it happen with Brahim when certain people were clearly revelling in him struggling to get first team minutes in Madrid and it's been continually happening with Sane as the uncertainty has increased.

But that all comes down to the old adage,no player is bigger than the club,and at this current time we have a manager / coach who sits in front of a camera and says if nobody is happy here then they can leave.

Pep is in a very fortunate position with the depth of our squad to be able to say this,and us as paying customers just have to sit and watch the beautiful stuff served up to us,week in,week out,horrible innit ? :)

You and me both have seen plenty of players come and go,and a load of managers as well,so if he was to leave us,City will carry on just fine,that seems to be the thing some can't absorb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.