The Stone Roses/Ian Brown

First album was brilliant but second coming was average by their standards. 2 albums in as many decades tells you all you need to know. Maybe their standards were too high. Reni was an amazing drummer and other 3 were very talented but as a whole unit they lacked something.

First album was brilliant but second coming was average by their standards. 2 albums in as many decades tells you all you need to know. Maybe their standards were too high. Reni was an amazing drummer and other 3 were very talented but as a whole unit they lacked something.
First album is more melodic and pop sounding. Second coming is more deep and moody. I prefer second coming.

Don't get me wrong mate. First album is excellent and I have 2 CDs of it. It's just that prefer 2nd album. Tears is my favourite Roses track
I bought first album straight away from Woolworths of all places. Took me few years to buy second coming so maybe my judgement is clouded by sentiment. Just finished reading book on them - war and peace by Simon Spence. Interesting read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.