Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing on this matter: if Bayern had used their media like this trying to lure away a player from Utd or Liverpool, our media would go full Brexit on them.

It's worse than anything I can remember. They have actually gone out on a limb, further than Bayern even wanted them to.

Again, the Champions of England have had nobody in this country, doing thesame for us. Just a handful of local journos & occasionally 'Sky sources' who have been briefed, but nobody saying how underhand & shitty Bayern's tactics have been.

I think he will go. Whether that be this week or before their window shuts. Its all about agreeing a fee now. I'm sure they will agree a fee that includes add ons and a sell on clause as Bayern really need him.

The slight fly in that ointment could be the fee. Bayern have only once ever paid over about £35m, so forking out say £90m or £100m for Sané will not come easy for them.

Yeah, think City have drawn a clear line in the sand here. Sending a message to Bayern, and by extension, clubs like Barcelona and Real who like to use their standing and clout to unsettle players and bully other clubs into submission.

It's a stance City must take imo, or like Neville said, it could be Jesus next, or Bernardo. Yes, Pep has made clear his feelings on players being fully committed, but any players leaving must be on City's terms.

No way Bayern will meet that asking price.

I like the way the club are handling this so far. Clear with both Leroy and Munich what they need to do. Its really up to Leroy to make a decision now, there can be only three options:
1. Stay and sign the new contract
2. Stay and run down two seasons (increasingly sidelined in the last season)
3. Confirm to the club you want to leave and club sells to highest bidder over the price they set.

I still think there is a very good chance he will sign his new contract.

There is a 4.

4. Confirm that you want to leave and be told "Sorry lad, no-one's offered us £100m and we're not flogging you on the cheap. Get back to training.".

If we get offered anything above 70m for Sane we should bite their hands off!

Sane has shown flashes of potential but his record isn't all that great and for me, he hasn't improved enough to give confidence that he will come good, and he's been given enough time now.

Add to the mix his questionable mentality and general attitude i.e. he's the sulky kind... then I really think we should cash in while Bayern are interested.

£70m is nowhere near enough. That is what the rags want for Lukaku. Sane is one of the best young attacking players in the world. You need to double that number.

Jan maybe ?

Tbh, I think he'll sign a contract, possibly waiting 'til the autumn to see if he plays enough games/is worth a bit more wages, before doing so, but he might even sign next week if Pep persuades him.

But if it becomes apparent that he still isn't able to do what Pep wants, or his mother talks him out of staying, then a few months down the line should be enough time for he & Pep to agree it isn't working & start on an exit plan which works for both sides & we can work on replacing him.

All the top clubs will be trying to raise money, if they know he is available.

Tbh, I think he'll sign a contract, possibly waiting 'til the autumn to see if he plays enough games/is worth a bit more wages, before doing so, but he might even sign next week if Pep persuades him.

But if it becomes apparent that he still isn't able to do what Pep wants, or his mother talks him out of staying, then a few months down the line should be enough time for he & Pep to agree it isn't working & start on an exit plan which works for both sides & we can work on replacing him.

All the top clubs will be trying to raise money, if they know he is available.

Yea,but probably 35-40m less than what's being banded about now I guess

Short memories on here.

When the rags were in our place, big clubs in Europe came in for their players.

Sane isn't even part of our starting eleven and has a job on his hands at the moment.

Maybe he just doesn't have the fight in him right now and believes a move to Bayern will boost his international career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.