Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Bernardo on the right, Sterling on the left, Foden in the middle (if/when he is ready).

Otherwise, with Sterling and Sane on the wings and Bernardo in midfield Foden's chances are limited.
Sterling left
Mahrez right
de Bruyne, Bernardo, Silva then Foden middle

Take our time with Foden, he’s nowhere near yet

It did occur to me that I have criticised clubs like Spur's and Liverpool and the press for not picking up on the impact a selling club(and agents) has on transfer market inflation. Then again if that's what it takes for them to recognise it(if we do sell Sané for £130m+), it might be good thing for football. If they do criticise City, can they then really turn a blind eye when Spurs or Liverpool want to sell off Salah/Kane for a massive amount, when they need some funds?

Our record sale would be over double our record purchase. They'd have to stop accusing us of inflating the market at the very least

Our record sale would be over double our record purchase. They'd have to stop accusing us of inflating the market at the very least
They should stop now so I doubt they will change their tune, our record signing is the lowest fee of all the top 6(joint with Spurs?). My point was I myself have pointed out that selling clubs and agents share as much of the blame for market inflation(through greed), will they wake up to this if City finally make a fortune by selling a prize asset?

If this transfer happens like that(although I'd like him to stay, are people forgetting he's got a City tattoo on his back?) I hope they do because maybe UEFA will address agents and selling clubs, it doesn't benefit City that the prices are so high that's for sure. It would also confirm what massive hypocrites they are, by only waking up to it when they have a chance to criticise City for something, yet again.

Last edited:
I agree.

My point was about why we shouldn’t be calling Sané a snake (like we’re a bunch of whiney Scousers) like the previous poster said he was going to start doing.

Sané is just a bloke doing a job that happens to be a footballer. He’s going to work where he wants. (As gutted as I’ll be if he goes)
I agree entirely with your sentiments.
Will be a shame if he goes but the old adage "life still goes on" as it will at City.

I honestly think he's been gone since around Feb / Mar when Pep just wasn't using him. Said as much in one of the match day threads. I also think that Pep isn't really that bothered if he's going.

Pep not bothered? Of course he’s not
1) It weakens the squad
2) He looses the opportunity of working with one of the best young talents
3) It strengthens a ECL rival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.