Community shield Post match thread

2014. City deny LFC their first title since 1990, despite LFC beating City with 3 games of the season remaining which left them in pole position. They were selling 2013/14 champions shirts
2015. City sign Raheem Sterling. He moves in order to win trophies and now has 3 Premier League winners medals to Liverpool's none. LFC not too bothered though, as Jordan Ibe (AFC Bournemouth) is said to be the better player
2016. City beat LFC on penalties in the League Cup final
2019. City once again deny LFC their first title in 29 years, despite a club record points total for Liverpool
2019. City beat LFC on penalties in the Community Shield

Feel their pain at the hands of City over recent years. May it go on and on and on and on ...
you forgot to add 2019....29/12/2018 city claw back a 10 point deficit to deny lfc their first premier title

I agree with some of this, but I thought Raz was very direct in H1 and as a result he was playing very naturally, instinctive if you prefer. If you look at the stats over the two halves you’ll see that it’s more than likely pep decided to go out and defend the lead rather than push on for the win. Why he did that I can only guess maybe to invite them on to see if we could contain them or maybe he thought we were gassed so he was trying to conserve energy, I don’t know.
Maybe he just wanted to see what they had ready for the league games.

First thought that might be the most beautiful kit I've seen. Shame Sané got injured. While we were a man down nice delivery from Walker, KDB kept it alive, sweet flick David and Sterling finally scored against his old club. Great penalties, will give Bravo motm, thought the win was very deserved, feels great to retain the Community Shield!
Sane "got" injured? Bad as Ramos on Salah....

Their fans should be called out for booing the anthem but I won’t hold my breath. Battered them first hour and then as they made wholesale changes they bossed possession, understandably. We won so who cares and despite what Robin the alleged rapist said we aren’t scared of them. And we only had half a side out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.