Community shield Post match thread

A very enjoyable day and night in London. For a so called friendly they are definitely the worst fans I’ve come across, even worse than when we played them in 2016. Was a closely fought game I thought, but we coped with their late second half onslaught well all things considered, and although I promised myself it was a ‘friendly’ I desperately wanted the win. Just looking at the programme and thought it was interesting as on the cover it shows artwork of supporters of both teams arm in arm with old players names on the back of their shirts. We have Bell, Balotelli, VK, Toure, James (although not a goalie top),Sterling, Anelka. Theirs are Hamann, Keegan, Fowler, Milner, Bellamy, McManaman - all who have been associated with us! Maybe the artist was attempting to promote unity! It didn’t work!

Hey guys, I am Cityzen as you all. Just reaching out for support. Been looking for friends to watch football games together. Tired of being surrounded by scousers or the ManU fans. Sometimes it gets a bit lonely as a guy, thought it's best to reach out to fellow Citizens. Anyone in London or Reading give me a shout! Cheers

On yesterday’s evidence we are clearly behind on conditioning.
That ridiculous tour has meant we are well behind on fitness as they were unable to train properly because of the extreme humidity and jet lag. It certainly told in the second half.
For those numpties who question Pep leaving the majority of our starters on for 90 it was deliberately to help get their fitness levels up to where needed.
The management really do need to re-look at preseason schedules...

The brand has to be pushed in china, that is clearly part of the (generic?) company mentality. i agree, it's too much to focus on the Asian market and expect to be fit for the domestic games, but perhaps it is the price to pay for sponsorship deals etc.

Double edged sword.

But, still, while Pep complains about too-heavy a work schedule in the domestic and European leagues he's being pushed into taking the team-brand around the world. I'm sure this narks him as much as it does us, but in today's high-end sponsorship focused game and company fc mindset it has become par of the course.

At our level of game, with the expectations to win every comp, fatigue needs to be a concern that is factored into our schedule.

It showed at Wembley - but the teams total focus, as well as the focus of individual players is what got us through.

i questioned Bravo's starting ahead of Edison, but after he saved two against Wolves at the Etihad (2 seasons ago?) i wouldn't have put anyone else in goal for a penalty shoot-out ;)

i also questioned Foden starting ahead of Sergio, but omg the lad showed his metal. He went at them as soon as he came on, and to step up against Allison, for what was at stake, showed bravery and determination. He's come a long way - and as Pep says, we haven't seen the best yet.

Re their quest for seven trophies they have already won the ‘we have sold more replica shirts than City’ trophy, the ‘we sold more tickets for a friendly in London that we don’t really care about as we didn’t win it’ trophy and the ‘we booed the anthem louder than you’ trophy so they are well on their way to seven.

Don't forget the leaving the ground before their players had even left the pitch trophy.

They made a mockery out of their anthemic YNWA - when they flooded out of the stadium and left their players to walk alone up the steps, without consolatory fans applauding their efforts. i actually felt a tinge of pity for Klopp as he got his runners up medal, it must have been a kick in the balls for the team to do that walk alone.

The dippers showed their unabashed scumminess, and leaving the way they did showed how utterly shameless they are. They should get a trophy for that? :)

Claudio's best game for us by a long way. We schooled Liverpool first half. Second half they were always going to come back at us. Make no mistake, despite all the pundits 'it doesn't matter/not important' comments, Liverpool were desperate to win yesterday. We should have been 3/4 nil up and after that Liverpool could have had one or two, but we were pretty tenacious in defence.
I thought the defence was the best improvement in the team last season, and going off that performance we're still improving.

Hey guys, I am Cityzen as you all. Just reaching out for support. Been looking for friends to watch football games together. Tired of being surrounded by scousers or the ManU fans. Sometimes it gets a bit lonely as a guy, thought it's best to reach out to fellow Citizens. Anyone in London or Reading give me a shout! Cheers
*Swipe Left
;-)

Just been googling the booing the God Save the Queen.

OMG, there is some serious delusion going on.

There's a video on YT full of delusion, so much delusion i wouldn't really advise watching it (at least not with the sound up) - much preamble and postamble why they booed with particular notes on the slave trade, the bombing of Dresden, FreeMasonry, Brexit, Hilsborough (a lot about Hilsborough), the Titanic, Boris Johnson accusing 'drunken liverpool fans for the 96 deaths,' how Boris's gf is really a cross-dressing transvestite satanist ("don't quote me on that but she is"), Crowley, 911, the banks, WW2, the banks, Pyramids, the all seeing eye.... Barbara Bush....

... But basically because Liverpool is predominantly an immigrant population, mainly 'blacks and chinese' with irish and (predominantly) Catholic irishness - they don't identify as 'British' that they hate the establishment because it hates them - and, as the above suggests, it's much more complex than that.

Just been googling the booing the God Save the Queen.

OMG, there is some serious delusion going on.

There's a video on YT full of delusion, so much delusion i wouldn't really advise watching it (at least not with the sound up) - much preamble and postamble why they booed with particular notes on the slave trade, the bombing of Dresden, FreeMasonry, Brexit, Hilsborough (a lot about Hilsborough), the Titanic, Boris Johnson accusing 'drunken liverpool fans for the 96 deaths,' how Boris's gf is really a cross-dressing transvestite satanist ("don't quote me on that but she is"), Crowley, 911, the banks, WW2, the banks, Pyramids, the all seeing eye.... Barbara Bush....

... But basically because Liverpool is predominantly an immigrant population, mainly 'blacks and chinese' with irish and (predominantly) Catholic irishness - they don't identify as 'British' that they hate the establishment because it hates them - and, as the above suggests, it's much more complex than that.
Really? I’m not just saying this because it’s scousers but they have been the most blatantly , openly racist people I’ve come across over the years, working on camell lairds with them was definitely an eye opener

Claudio's best game for us by a long way. We schooled Liverpool first half. Second half they were always going to come back at us. Make no mistake, despite all the pundits 'it doesn't matter/not important' comments, Liverpool were desperate to win yesterday. We should have been 3/4 nil up and after that Liverpool could have had one or two, but we were pretty tenacious in defence.
If they had won the game would still be up there with the main stories, as it is it’s vanished as if it was never played

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.