Welcome Joao Cancelo

Not sure how the accounting works, but to me it is net £26m for Cancelo. I believe City valued him around 45-50, so that means we effectively sold Danilo for 19-24m. Still really good going.

Nice to actually come out on the right side of an Italian negotiation.

The fees are all to help out Juventus.

The needed to raise money on their books this year, and because of the amortisation, selling Cancelo for €65m and buying Danilo for €37 nets them a €24m profit this year.

If we'd given them Danilo for 0 and paid €28m for Cancelo then they'd have made a €4m loss this year despite the net amount of cash and the players being identical.

Can't wait to see his link up with Bernardo, kinda cool to find out they played with eachother at Benfica and both ofcourse play for Portugal so they'll be know eachother will which can only bode well for us!

Not in danger of FFP but we obviously wanted to sell him for money. We're quite shit at selling, here's hoping we can sell either Rugani or Khedira to Arsenal (both would be perfect) like the rumours said.

you compensate that with getting players for free :D

It’ll be interesting to see. I’d guess West Ham is too soon, depends what shape Juve got him into. He seems like the kind of guy that’s naturally fit though. The Spurs game I think Walker starts to keep an eye on Son. We won’t want Cancelo flying forward in that game I don’t think. So maybe starting at Bournemouth? It’s only guesswork though :)
I think he’ll start against Spurs, they play with a narrow press and we’ll need Cancelo to give us the width. Gundogan or maybe even Fernandinho will also start alongside Rodri to give us additional protection against the counter attacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.