Welcome Joao Cancelo

Would add that Fernandinho in a back 3 as depth is more logical than in a back 2, because usually in a back 3 the wide CB comes into the midfield to help out.

I think we will see 3-5-2/3-4-3 used alot more because I don't see Walker and Cancelo as competing.

If we play a back 3 with Laporte, Stones, Walker with Otamendi and 2 kids as depth I would be okay with that.

Cancelo and Bernardo on the right with Mendy and Sterling on the left is very dangerous.

yep its the option we badly needed and the shape can be anything at the back

Kyle Walker was aware Manchester City were going for Joao Cancelo while in talks over his new contract. [@SamLee]

Joao Cancelo: "There are great players for each position here, and I know that the competition is also very high. In my opinion, the best players excel in this environment. This is what I came here to show. I've also come to compete and to secure my position."

I know, I just sneaked in a gap to turn your meaning around. I'm a Juventina after all, can't trust us ;)
Thoughts on the transfer?

And honest ones, none of those Juventus sort. ;-)

He will give us more tactical options and make us less predictable for the opposition. Excited.

Welcome. Wonder when he’ll get his first game?
It’ll be interesting to see. I’d guess West Ham is too soon, depends what shape Juve got him into. He seems like the kind of guy that’s naturally fit though. The Spurs game I think Walker starts to keep an eye on Son. We won’t want Cancelo flying forward in that game I don’t think. So maybe starting at Bournemouth? It’s only guesswork though :)

Great signing and fabulous bit of business
Walker will be a worried man but I suspect Pep may play him at LB too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.