Welcome Joao Cancelo

Am I right in thinking -

Taking Danilo’s book value into account

(27m amortised over 2 years of a 5 year contract).

His book value was about £17m.

We’ve sold him for 34 so made about 17m on him.

Cancelo’s fee was 26m. Take the 17m
We’ve just made on Danilo away and Cancelo has cost about 9m?
I wonder how they decide what fee to put on the books though. Because in principle there's no difference between Cancelo for £60m and Danilo for £34m, and Cancelo for £26m and Danilo for free. But presumably there's some reason to choose a pair of prices that tbh probably overvalues both of the players. I can see why Juventus might want to do it to keep their fans happy, since they can claim that they're selling him for a huge price and also claim to be bringing in a record signing(?) for a full back for them.

Anyway, I hope he turns out to be a good signing. Can't say I've seen him play myself.

Am I right in thinking -

Taking Danilo’s book value into account

(27m amortised over 2 years of a 5 year contract).

His book value was about £17m.

We’ve sold him for 34 so made about 17m on him.

Cancelo’s fee was 26m. Take the 17m
We’ve just made on Danilo away and Cancelo has cost about 9m?
Nah, its £60m according to the BBC news front page.

Welcome to M11, João. The centre of the footballing universe.

Edit: Just watched the interview. It’s clear he’s another player who has chosen for his psychological fit as well as his ability. Yet another important differentiator from our esteemed neighbours.

Last edited:
Probably been said already. I see the BBC has managed to turn this deal, which right from the outset was being reported as a €55m deal into a £60m deal.

I don’t understand what they achieve by reporting like this. According to them Danilo is valued at £34m in the deal which makes Cancelo £26m. Surely, it would be the other way round even if the figures were correct.

It doesn’t really matter but this poor, lazy reporting makes me crazy.

Welcome to Manchester Mr Cancelo, we are all looking forward to seeing you play for The Champions.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2019/official-danilo-is-bianconero.php

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that these agreements have been finalized with Manchester City Football Club:

• definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Danilo Luiz da Silva for a consideration of € 37 million payable in three financial years. Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment until 30 June 2024;

• definitive disposal of the registration rights of the player João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo for a consideration of € 65 million to be paid in three financial years. The economic effect is positive for about € 28.6 million, net of solidarity contribution and auxiliary expenses.

The figures are the figures. €65m Cancelo. €37m Danilo. €28.6m cash exchanged in addition to Danilo.

We've played a blinder as Danilo is probably worth half of €37m.

It is bollocks though that Sanchez is labelled a 'free transfer' by all even though Mikyteryn was valued at £35m in that transfer.

The difference in reporting is deliberate.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.