Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic on Leroy Sané’s injury: “He is a Manchester City player. It [the injury] is sad and I’m sorry. We wish him a speedy recovery. I hope you understand we won’t comment [on the interest in signing him].” [via @altobelli13]

Meh. This sucks. He will never be the same. His pace will be affected.
I also don t think that we will offer him a new contract too soon.

Reus, Shearer, Van Nistelrooy and Totti have all had tears in their ACL but all recovered and resumed to their high standard performances. Obviously there are complicated cases like Mendy where the damage to his meniscus were noticed later, he was able to resume his brilliant form briefly last year. A lot of it is down to the mentality of the athlete and that will be the major stumbling block for Leroy. Even if he loses pace he can emulate Ronaldo and adapt his game to succeed.

I wonder if the posters who were relinquishing the title on the condition of his being sold to the German rags still think the same now he's injured?

Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic on Leroy Sané’s injury: “He is a Manchester City player. It [the injury] is sad and I’m sorry. We wish him a speedy recovery. I hope you understand we won’t comment [on the interest in signing him].” [via @altobelli13]
Bloody cheek, they've non stop kept commenting on it all summer.

I would hope we're better than that, well no I don't hope, I know we're better than that.

I think we are too, but my point was we have showed good faith in offering him an increased contract, against which he hadn't signed for 18 months. I have no doubt in my mind that there was serious interest from Bayern and again, imo, that would have been with Sane's knowledge / blessing. If relationships with Pep are as bad as some are indicating on here, it wouldn't surprise me if we thought about the current offer on the table.

Anyway, what is important is his health so, I think we would all agree we wish him a speedy and full recovery

Gutted, but I think we’ll cope without him. Get him back in February when the business end of the season starts and we’ll be fine. We’ve all seen the talent he has, just hope it doesn’t effect his game to much when he recovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.