Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

I’m still not having that hes this “donkey” that people made out he was.
The majority of his games were played when the team had given up. I remember losing away at West Ham. He had a nonexistent clichy and toure as his support. He always looked abit nervy on the ball yet made some good passes. QPR?
Good luck manga

I recall one of his earliest matches was against PSG, and he took Ibrahimovic out of the game. His speed meant he could pretty much always get to the ball first.
Just after he joined I read an article about his upbringing and how he still looks after his brother who was brain damaged in a tragic accident. I thought at the time, this guy seems a very decent human being. He certainly lived up to that.

Eli was/is a terrific character. Like everyone else I wish he had been a success at City and hope he goes on to have a good career. It is not his fault that his standard is somewhere around lower half of Championship or League 1. 10 or 15 years ago we had players like Dunne and Distin. Eli isn't fit to lace their boots. Nothing to do with gorging on success or being humble. But there is no point in having a discussion about the merits of any player if we can't acknowledge that the Mangler was a complete failure. If he's our centre half last year the Dippers are champions. We got it horribly wrong with this player. We should say so.
Richard Dunne? The man who cost us record amounts of red cards? The Captain Marvel who City couldn't wait to get rid of once the revolution was underway? That Richard Dunne?

It didn't work out for the player, but not once did he moan or cause us a moment of problems. If he was so shit, why did we offer him a one year extension? As Pep said over the weekend, if he doesn't like a player, he get sold or goes out on loan. Both happened to Mangler in his own good time.

What you also fail to recognise is Mangler was bought during the Pellegrini era. The same era where Kompany ended up looking more shit than any City CB I can remember in living memory, & beneath him were Otamendi, Demechelis & Mangler!

We get a proper manager who rids us of that whole defence bar Ota, Kompany & Mangler & City start breaking football records. Mangler played his part in that too, no matter how limited.

When did we City fans become so Raggish?

Richard Dunne? The man who cost us record amounts of red cards? The Captain Marvel who City couldn't wait to get rid of once the revolution was underway? That Richard Dunne?

It didn't work out for the player, but not once did he moan or cause us a moment of problems. If he was so shit, why did we offer him a one year extension? As Pep said over the weekend, if he doesn't like a player, he get sold or goes out on loan. Both happened to Mangler in his own good time.

What you also fail to recognise is Mangler was bought during the Pellegrini era. The same era where Kompany ended up looking more shit than any City CB I can remember in living memory, & beneath him were Otamendi, Demechelis & Mangler!

We get a proper manager who rids us of that whole defence bar Ota, Kompany & Mangler & City start breaking football records. Mangler played his part in that too, no matter how limited.

I'm sorry, but that's absolute nonsense.

I wish him well, his debut performance v Chelsea @ home, probably best city debut ever, magnificent, a beast of a player that night

Good Luck Mangler!

I generally agree with your defence of Mangala. Quite a lot of City fans forget that he and Demichelis kept nearly 20 consecutive clean sheets when starting together across 2014 and 2015. He was always nervous and definitely needed to be improved upon when Pep came in, but that last season under Pellegrini was a bad time to be a City centre-back. Kompany was never fit, Demichelis was way past it, Otamendi was a nightmare, so it's no surprise that Mangala suffered too. I think his role in our 17/18 Centurions season is often too easily overlooked as well.

But your Richard Dunne comments are blasphemous. Between 2004 and 2007 when the club was almost always on the brink of being relegated he was the one constant who kept us up over the course of each season. Players like David James, Joey Barton, and Emila Mpenza took the big moments, but there was a reason he scored so many own goals and got so many red cards: he was always in the right place, even if it wasn't always at the right time. I can confidently say that without him and Distin we'd have collapsed into nothing - in 2004, 2006 and 2007 (when we finished 16th, 15th, and 14th) we either had the best defence or the best goal difference in the bottom half, and that was mostly down to Dunney.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.