Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are going to batter you. And by that I mean we are going to try and outmuscle you in midfield, overwhelm you with our physicality or, in other words, try to kick you off the park. That is what Sissoko and Ndombele are there for. And i won't be surprised to see our nasty, snidey, little shit Lamela playing too. (Sadly Alli won't be fit enough to really piss you off with his cheating cocky ways).

We are not West Ham. We can play. And we will want to play in your half and we think we can win. Maybe this our year to beat you. We'll need a bit of luck but it is possible.

And you are right. It is a proper test for Rodri. Lets see how good he is.

JPBB has gone full cockney. Never go full cockney :-)

Seriously? Kick us off the park? What happened when Mané karate kicked our keeper into hospital? What happened when Alli and Kane put their studs into 2 of our players?

Please, please “play in our half” it will be playing right into our hands.

Ederson
Walker Stones Laporte Zinchenko
Bernardo Rodri KDB
Mahrez Aguero Sterling

I'd leave David out of this from the start and play Bernardo who's far more energetic, the triangle of him, Mahrez and Walker helped rip teams apart last season.

Glad that Spurs seemingly have no Son, Alli and potentially Davies and Sessegnon. We're playing them at a good time.

Another one! I’ve lost count now. The entire forum has just decided that Bernardo is now going to be played in central midfield.

So just Pep that sees him as a wide player?

Not having a go by the way Sean, I just picked one at random.

I think we are going to batter you. And by that I mean we are going to try and outmuscle you in midfield, overwhelm you with our physicality or, in other words, try to kick you off the park. That is what Sissoko and Ndombele are there for. And i won't be surprised to see our nasty, snidey, little shit Lamela playing too. (Sadly Alli won't be fit enough to really piss you off with his cheating cocky ways).

We are not West Ham. We can play. And we will want to play in your half and we think we can win. Maybe this our year to beat you. We'll need a bit of luck but it is possible.

And you are right. It is a proper test for Rodri. Lets see how good he is.
Still no trophies under Poch? However you do have one unbelievable achievement, to be the most hated club in a city with Milwall and Arsenal in it takes some fucking doing. Out muscle us eh, in the same way you were going to out point us in the Premier league last Feb/March? How do that end Arse Wipe? 28 points behind lol. You have as much chance of winning the premier league as Crystal Palace, fucking none, bridesmaids

Another one! I’ve lost count now. The entire forum has just decided that Bernardo is now going to be played in central midfield.

So just Pep that sees him as a wide player?

Not having a go by the way Sean, I just picked one at random.

He's played both positions though and there's a lot of flexibility amongst our attack minded players. Bernardo played more centrally against Liverpool at home last season (Sterling and Sane both started) and that was probably his best game for us. It was one of the best individual performances i've seen from a City player ever to be honest. It's not ridiculous to suggest Bernardo's energy and tenacity could be a real asset in the middle against a side like Tottenham. I would rather have him there than David Silva against a top four team these days. I know Bernardo has played brilliantly more recently out wide but if Mahrez wins Pep's trust (as he seems to be slowly doing) then it's not inconceivable Pep will decide to deploy Bernardo in the middle more often.

He's played both positions though and there's a lot of flexibility amongst our attack minded players. Bernardo played more centrally against Liverpool at home last season (Sterling and Sane both started) and that was probably his best game for us. It was one of the best individual performances i've seen from a City player ever to be honest. It's not ridiculous to suggest Bernardo's energy and tenacity could be a real asset in the middle against a side like Tottenham. I would rather have him there than David Silva against a top four team these days. I know Bernardo has played brilliantly more recently out wide but if Mahrez wins Pep's trust (as he seems to be slowly doing) then it's not inconceivable Pep will decide to deploy Bernardo in the middle more often.

He will not play midfield in a team that includes De Bruyne. They both drift to the same areas and it would leave us wide open.

He will not play midfield in a team that includes De Bruyne. They both drift to the same areas and it would leave us wide open.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I think they're flexible and tactically intelligent enough to play in a team together. Others will disagree but we'll probably find out once and for all this season with both players (hopefully) fit and at the height of their powers.

that hardly ever happens. but we should get rid of him then according to how bad you say he is?
if it was as bad as you imply pep would be rid of him, not going to happen,
the best 22 yr. old or younger in the league.
Good grief. "How bad you say he is." I was pointing out that he is often offsides and in other threads say that I like him. Criticism is part of human discourse, try to embrace it or crawl back into the slime.

JPBB has gone full cockney. Never go full cockney :-)

Seriously? Kick us off the park? What happened when Mané karate kicked our keeper into hospital? What happened when Alli and Kane put their studs into 2 of our players?

Please, please “play in our half” it will be playing right into our hands.

Pochettino will be saying something alone the lines

"We are going to New Maine Road to dominate City physically, in territory, in possession, and in goals. Yeah City are good but we are as good. Trust yourself. Trust the system. Trust your team mates. I expect to win"

Whether that is possible or will work, who knows? But that will be the plan.

What he wont say is "Sit back, hit the ball long and break at speed." That is not how Pochettino wants Spurs to play.

As for going full Cockney. God no. I aspired to be nothing more than a lily-livered liberal.

Pochettino will be saying something alone the lines

"We are going to New Maine Road to dominate City physically, in territory, in possession, and in goals. Yeah City are good but we are as good. Trust yourself. Trust the system. Trust your team mates. I expect to win"

Whether that is possible or will work, who knows? But that will be the plan.

What he wont say is "Sit back, hit the ball long and break at speed." That is not how Pochettino wants Spurs to play.

As for going full Cockney. God no. I aspired to be nothing more than a lily-livered liberal.
Have a look at last seasons league table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.