Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Bild are criticising Pep for breaking an " unwritten rule " and playing Leroy whilst in the midst of " serious transfer negotiations " with the German rags .

Were City in " serious negotiations " seeing as BM seemed to be doing most of their " negotiations " via the whole of the German media, it's clubs, players and just about anybody they could involve , except perhaps the management at City ?

Accusing Pep of being arrogant seems a bit rich coming from the most universally accepted bunch of arrogant cnuts known as the BM hierarchy .
We gave our terms,leroy hadn't asked to go and the germans hadn't made a bid,they are so full of shit those lot

I see that Bild are criticising Pep for breaking an " unwritten rule " and playing Leroy whilst in the midst of " serious transfer negotiations " with the German rags .

Were City in " serious negotiations " seeing as BM seemed to be doing most of their " negotiations " via the whole of the German media, it's clubs, players and just about anybody they could involve , except perhaps the management at City ?

Accusing Pep of being arrogant seems a bit rich coming from the most universally accepted bunch of arrogant cnuts known as the BM hierarchy .

If Leroy didn't get injured, I presume we shouldn't have picked Leroy for any game until he either signed for BM, or the German window closed.

Cheeky fuckers.

Shouldn’t underestimate how well we treat people, not as a means to an end, but purely as part of the ethos of the club. We treat people properly and understand players’ uncertainties and rights to consider their future, and while Sane recovers on the injury table, he’ll see players fighting for the club and for him, and that will have an effect on his sense of loyalty both to them and to the club. We have had multiple players injured in recent seasons and none, to my knowledge, have felt distanced from the team/club. If anything, they’ve all come back stronger and closer. Sane will undoubtedly find being injured difficult and stories will no doubt continue to circulate, but I’m confident that he’ll recover stronger and more determined than ever to succeed, with us.

Given that Bayern never actually made any official bid to City, it is almost funny to then complain about us playing our own player. How entitled and arrogant do you have to be to think this way? This is actually so rich that even my local newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung is writing about it, criticising Bayern for acting like a feudal ruler, and pointing out that City does not bend over like Bayern is used to from the Bundesliga. SZ says Bayern needs to learn to behave differently when dealing with international top clubs like City.

On another note I believe that Bayern has actually not given up on Leroy, and plan to come back either in Winter or next summer, depending on how fast Leroy gets fit. This is worrying and I have been thinking about how to deal with it. Besides the obvious of making Leroy sign a new contract my idea is that City cancels the peace agreement which Pep allegedly made with Bayern when he left them, and quietly starts working on deals with David Alaba and Joshua Kimmich. Bayern has clearly not felt very compelled lately to stay away from our players, in the same way as they made Pep promise.

Kimmich is 24 and under contract until 2023, however his stated wish is to play central defensive midfielder, not right fullback. City can offer him this position from next summer as replacement for Fernandinho, so I think we should have an attractive proposition there.

Alaba is 27 and under contract until 2021 ! Apparently he is not eager to renew, so the situation is pretty similar to Leroy's. We could have a squad place if Mendy does not find his feet this season.

I would go about it in the way as Bayern minus the public statements; i.e. quietly contact the agents and tell them how great it could be to play for City, under Pep.
Give the fuckers a taste of their own medicine, and teach them not to irritate a tiger for too long.

Munich don't have the money for Sane that's what all their mischief was about, trying to get him on the cheap.
They have the money but they still tried to get him on the cheap by unsettling him via the press. This is the Barca way, only Bayern are too small time to make it work.

I fully ruptured my Achilles tendon at a match, walked back to the car a couple of miles away, drove all the way home.

I walked around for another two weeks on it because the hospital thought I had just badly sprained my ankle.

Doctors at the hospital asked me how I had coped with the pain for so long?

Wasn't painful, as such. Wearing a plastic boot for eight months, certainly was!

Haha. I drove back from Glastonbury with a broken leg. True story. It's why I'm known as Nails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.