Future Strikers

IMO we always need someone who'll shoot (powerfully and accurately) from anywhere - like Aguero. I think Sane has this more than Sterling. Maybe once he's fit he'd move central? But would the injury rob him of the power in his shot?
If you look at Messi very rarely does he score with power, it’s generally side-footed/rolled into the corner or dinked over the keeper. Don’t get me wrong there’s some long range hits but even they’re placed usually rather than blasted.

This forum really loves to shit on Gabby. I see no reason why he can't be the main man after Aguero leaves and then we bring in a young striker to back him up. GJ's current age is how old Sergio was when he came here, and Jesus has had 2 and a half seasons in our system already.

This forum really loves to shit on Gabby. I see no reason why he can't be the main man after Aguero leaves and then we bring in a young striker to back him up. GJ's current age is how old Sergio was when he came here, and Jesus has had 2 and a half seasons in our system already.

No, certain posters might not fully appreciate him, but they are not representative of the forum per se.

If you look at Messi very rarely does he score with power, it’s generally side-footed/rolled into the corner or dinked over the keeper. Don’t get me wrong there’s some long range hits but even they’re placed usually rather than blasted.
He's a one off though. I just think that you want a striker in there that can smash 'em. Like Kane or Aguero do. Or many before them did like Shearer, etc.

BTW I love Jesus too. I would like to see him shoot more too but I also don't want him to waste possession. So I guess I want the impossible. Time to shut up I think. :-)

BTW I love Jesus too. I would like to see him shoot more too but I also don't want him to waste possession. So I guess I want the impossible. Time to shut up I think. :-)
Same here. I've previously said Jesus gets most of his goals from tap ins. I want to see more to his finishing than that. He's definitely getting better for us and has a lot more to offer. For a small striker be does score more headers the most players of his size.

As for future strikers. It would be good to find a striker with more height and physical presence in the box. We squander far too many chances from corners and crosses. An old fashioned striker with the height and heading prowess of Les Ferdinand/Alan Shearer would be ideal I think.

People who think we have a chance of signing Mbappe are living in a fantasy world. Firstly City wouldn’t pay the asking price and secondly we wouldn’t break the wage structure of the club. Don’t get me wrong I would love to see him here but it is not going to happen unfortunately.

Only Messi could force Aguero out, so I don’t understand the ridiculous criticism that Jesus gets. 22 years old and he has to compete against the greatest premier league striker, and people complain about being unable to dethrone the king.

Only Messi could force Aguero out, so I don’t understand the ridiculous criticism that Jesus gets. 22 years old and he has to compete against the greatest premier league striker, and people complain about being unable to dethrone the king.
I haven't read much ridiculous criticism on here of him. Just posters as talking about his strengths and weaknesses. It is a forum to air our views after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.