Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t stand Stevie “me” & think he’s so over rated for 1 reason & that’s decision making. It’s ok being able to make lung busting runs & shoot from 30 yards but you need to know when not to do it.

He was just he problem, whenever you look who he played with & what they achieved without him you realise he’s the anomaly.

sits just above jamie pollock in my list.
Made to look better by having the brains of Alonso next to him.

The KOP Times.

ARTICLES
“Pathetic”, “Unbelievable” – Some Liverpool fans unhappy with Manchester City’s punishment by FIFA

Published

3 hours ago
on

August 15, 2019
By

Saiyed Adeem Karim
Latest Liverpool news: Fans unhappy with FIFA’s fine for Manchester City

The question is.

Why are the Scousers still taking everything so personally when it comes to City?

Surely after winning the CL and the European Super Cup last night, they should be happy with the way things are going at Littlewoods, sorry Liverpool, and they really shouldn't be bothered about City.(anymore)

But let's be honest and get straight to the point.

Regardless of winning the CL, 6x's, European Royalty, etc, Liverpool fans want the PL title more than any other trophy. 30 years is a very long time to wait to be English Champions again.

City have stopped Liverpool winning the PL title on 2 occasions, if not on 3 occasions. (Liverpool finished 4th in the PL)

That's the real and only reason why Liverpool fans hate City so much.

It didn't go unnoticed last night, after a soft foul on laughing boy Mane, commentator Jenas mentioned, by comparison, how Gorgon Henderson and Vigil's Van Rental had been committing similar tactical fouls all night "But with a lot more subtlety".
Made me smile as well after Mane's second goal, Bugs Bunny's double was on the sidelines jerking his fist up and down like he was having a practise wank (no doubt saving the real thing for later).

And yet it almost won them the league and got them a Champions League. It might not be sophisticated, but for some reason, too many teams aren't capable of stopping it.
It's a similar style to the Rags later successful teams under Ferguson. They break quckly and get the ball as quickly as possible to the two fullbacks Robertson, and Trent Alexander who are brilliant at playing deep crosses into the box at pace. They rarely bother getting to the byeline and don't need to. This tactic is incredibly difficult to defend against, especially with the quality of attacking fullbacks Liverpool have got. Despite all the flak he gets I think Klopp is an excellent manager. The style he is playing is adapted for the players he has got. He knows that he does not have enough creativity in midfield to play through teams like City do. The only way to beat Liverpool is to stop their flying fullbacks which we managed to do in the first half of the Community Shield.

The KOP Times.

ARTICLES
“Pathetic”, “Unbelievable” – Some Liverpool fans unhappy with Manchester City’s punishment by FIFA

Published

3 hours ago
on

August 15, 2019
By

Saiyed Adeem Karim
Latest Liverpool news: Fans unhappy with FIFA’s fine for Manchester City

The question is.

Why are the Scousers still taking everything so personally when it comes to City?

Surely after winning the CL and the European Super Cup last night, they should be happy with the way things are going at Littlewoods, sorry Liverpool, and they really shouldn't be bothered about City.(anymore)

But let's be honest and get straight to the point.

Regardless of winning the CL, 6x's, European Royalty, etc, Liverpool fans want the PL title more than any other trophy. 30 years is a very long time to wait to be English Champions again.

City have stopped Liverpool winning the PL title on 2 occasions, if not on 3 occasions. (Liverpool finished 4th in the PL)

That's the real and only reason why Liverpool fans hate City so much.

The answer to your question, they've been in the wilderness for decades, their 'historical 'rivals are having a bit of a rest, and this is their best possible team for their means and for a manager of Klopps stature. They know ( as do we sadly ) the Rags will come back, their current predicament is funny but they'll be back :( They also know their team will get broken up, La Liga will come calling soon, and Klopp won't be their forever. This is their chance to win the league before they have to start over again, and they have a behemoth in front of them showing no signs of letting up. It's delicious.

It's a similar style to the Rags later successful teams under Ferguson. They break quckly and get the ball as quickly as possible to the two fullbacks Robertson, and Trent Alexander who are brilliant at playing deep crosses into the box at pace. They rarely bother getting to the byeline and don't need to. This tactic is incredibly difficult to defend against, especially with the quality of attacking fullbacks Liverpool have got. Despite all the flak he gets I think Klopp is an excellent manager. The style he is playing is adapted for the players he has got. He knows that he does not have enough creativity in midfield to play through teams like City do. The only way to beat Liverpool is to stop their flying fullbacks which we managed to do in the first half of the Community Shield.
Although I agree with most of what you say, Klopp has been there four years, if he wanted to play any different he would have done it by now. So, basically I'm disagreeing that he is adapting to the players he has got.

I don't think it's likely but I want Liverpool to struggle before Pep leaves. I don't want us to be getting a new manager (when the time comes) with a strong Liverpool about. I want them back to where they were a few years ago. Similar to where united are now.

It makes me think that our good times are going to come to an end some time soon, soonish, sorta soon, not very soon, but definitely not very far into the future. That's when we'll hate Liverpool even more than we could imagine now (or whoever takes over from us). So we need to enjoy every moment of our current success.

How did we manage it then? (Was away, so didn’t see the Shield match)
In the first half, both teams were competing equally in terms of fitness. In the second, Liverpool's fitness levels were better, due to having played more pre-season matches than we did, plus they used their substitutes more than us.
All things being equal we will be as fit as them when we play them in the league. In terms of football skills, there is no comparison, and it will be difficult for their fullbacks to get forward like they did in the second half. In the first, they were penned back by our tactics, but then we ran out of steam. That shouldn't happen again during the season.

How did we manage it then? (Was away, so didn’t see the Shield match)
At Wembley we really pressed up on the two full backs, especially Bernardo against Robertson. We flooded our midfield and Trent Alexander in particular was run ragged. They were pegged back in their own halves. But in the second half we ran out of energy and they came right back at us. Chelsea did it for a sections of the game last night but Liverpool seem to have amazing reslience and ability to come back off the ropes. They have proved this repeatedly with comebacks in Champions League games. Much as I dislike most of their fanbase I do respect them as a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.