Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

not if the ref doesnt believe it was a penalty......VAR is not goingto over rule him unless they believe its an obvious mistake....they obviously sided with the ref.

the ref is the one in the wrong but that happens all the time in all games.

You contradict yourself. Only there to Overrule an obvious mistake... they are watching several angles and you can see it’s an obvious ref mistake but still don’t flag it. For fucks sake he gets wrestled to the ground. I’m done

how do you know what Oliver said? I saw he same pictures as you and took it as that he was pointing to his ear saying that VAR had checked it and said no penalty...

So again how do you know what Oliver was saying?

Wait, didn't you say that var can't overrule ref? Mate, you're talking bollocks and can't follow your own fucking logic there. Can var overturn it or not? Of course it can't overtzurn the ref but can inform him he was maybe wrong. And they didn't. What words he was saying while pointing to his ear it's absolutelyfucking not important. "I didn't hear anything" or "they say it's not a foul" it's absolutely same. It was a foul and those in VAR room cheated us.

Mate you cannot give our enemies the perfect weapon, agreeing to VAR was the worst decision.

No one learned anything from last year? The vermins were getting every decision their way to help them win the fucking league! The League, the FA will always be 1000000% behind the interest of the old cartels.

I'm like other blues not going to waste my time and energy on this shit anymore.
We all know things are "harder" for us.
But...
But you forget that VAR can make more than one thing clear and obvious.
Consistently fucking us over with VAR is harder over time... Even the media can't ignore it as is apparent allready.
Fair play to ratface on that account btw.

Funny thing is and forget all our anger at VAR once again, but we did create enough chances to win 3 footie matches never mind one, but unfortunately we squandered them!!
We didn't put away our chances, but when correct decisions are made using technology and the decision making process is transparent then we won't have to put away our chances. That's not the case right now.

What on earth are you talking about, it was clear as day mate. Stop trying to defend it. Clear and obvious foul in the box, the fact that VAR didn't give doesn't mean it wasn't clear and obvious... your logic is baffling there.

Listen

I belive it was a penalty - to me it was stone wall going off other similar decisions.

However the ref didnt believe it was and allowed play to continue..

What we dont know is whether VAR reviewed it....now there two sides to this arguement....

We all saw the ref point to his ear and have a conversation with a city player(s) just after the ball had been cleared up field. Some interprited this as he was saying that he hadnt had word from VAR. I interprited at the time as he was syign VAR had reviewed it and hadnt given anything either....ie not over ruled him....

Now going off what we are being told, VAR will not over rule ref decisons unless there is a "clear and obvious error that the VAR spotx......its not about what the supporters, players, managers, pundits and anyone else thinks whether there is an error or not...its about whether the officials in control of VAR believe he has missed something/made an error....the other term we are being told is that the "bar has been set really high" as to whether VAR over rules a ref's decision in terms of fouls etc - clearly here (whether we like it or not, and im going to say again i think the ref made a mistake) VAR did not think the ref had made a mistake....

look at it this way...if the ref had given a penalty, i dont think VAR would not have over ruled hm (but we dont know)

Brilliant delivery KDB, regulation for him, and Sterling headed it nicely into the side netting. Bernardo to my motm Kevin again to put it on a plate for Sergio. Great moment Rodri took the ball so cleanly from behind, been very impressed with Walker lately, good to see Sergio and Pep hug, we looked a different class the whole game. I was a big fan of VAR but was pretty sure they'd still try to screw us. So far we've got using the most detrimental frame for our offsides and the video ref just ignoring penalties for us. And this handball rule is absolutely ridiculous, yet never saw a replay of the other one for us. I can only hope certain other teams will face the same interpretation of the rules, or we'll just have to score every chance we get.
It seems to me that utimately an official at various stages during a game decides when to take a play to VAR review. He decided that a shove or ' fall' in the penalty area didn't need to be reviewed and didn't tell the ref . My question : can the referee then refer said shove or fall for review ( Var) ? Or is every referee at the mercy of a VAR official who would then appear to be sovereign? Who decides to send a particular play to Var ? Can someone please tell me ? I'm not clear on it .
Already I believe we are VARRED more times than anyone else after only two games. Bias anyone ?

We shouldn't need to score 3 goals per game btw . There was some waste . Pep will put it right .

We were miles the better team and deserved to win . We will now win so so many games this season after this minor upset. Pep and Arteta will find a way .

The only angle we've seen of the supposed handball is inconclusive, it's amazing that Sky haven't got another angle. As far as I can tell, it could have come off his shoulder. It could also have been a handball by the Spurs player, which presumably could have seen a penalty awarded.

Basically, the tw*t in Stockley Park has done us good and proper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.