Var debate 2019/20

My FB post last night....... I Know all the armchair fans out there, the City haters, the rags, the dippers will love what happened today but.... for me football died today, since I first went to City as an 11 year old football was magic, the ups, the downs (and we have had a few) but today for the first time I realised you cannot celebrate a goal anymore, that's what football is about, punching the air for a last minute winner, now you can't, VAR has ruined the game, every fair football fan if they are honest would have to agree that to give handball for that incident today is total nonsense. Next time your team scores in the 90th+ minute you have to wait, wait for screen to tell you if the goal is given, then that moment is gone. A few instances, imagine the Aguero moment having to wait for the screen to say goal or no goal, and to prove no bias imagine Solskaer winner in an even bigger game against Bayern Munich, having to wait for the screen, the moment has gone. If you are on the receiving end like Spurs today you will be delighted, until it happens to them when Kane scores a screamer at the Emirates but it brushes of someones arm. The game is finished, doomed, VAR is great for armchair neutral supporters but mark my words, when it happens to you're team you will agree. VAR has ruined football.

Sergio scored a penalty he missed though.....interestingly took again for encroachment the same thing happened when he scored!
Handball I accept if rule applied consistently.
Rodri non pen I can't.......penalty all day.
So far we have gained 1 goal lost 2 goals and cost us two points.

However 29 attempts and two goals says it all. It should have ended 5-2 or 6-2 to city.

Hate what VAR is doing to the game for those inside the stadium. But we were playing “ the second best side in Europe “ as Pep described them and they had only 3 attempts on goal in 90 minutes !! Kane was anonymous! Their 2 goals came from our defensive mistakes. We had 30 attempts at goal , with 10 on target !
More clinical and we win comfortably no matter what VAR decides!!
We need to use our anger to motivate us (players and fans) for the rest of the season. And I am sure that is exactly what Pep will do will do with the team this week.
Well played City at times the football we played yesterday was breath taking.
CTID

I have to say it makes me wonder if it is worth following football any more. VAR can be manipulated to suit an agenda, and we have just seen an excellent example.

Will a Liverpool goal be disallowed because the ball just brushed someone's arm (no attempt at control)? Will it fuck. Will VAR give us penalties for defenders wrapping arms around our players? Will it fuck.

It's a joke, the whole game is as bent as a nine bob note. Everyone knows it. We just try to pretend it ain't so, as a justification for carrying on.

Reading too many " I am done " posts......

WE ARE CITY.....the players aren't done. PEP isn't done....

I'll be effed if this bullshite is gonna see me done.....

WE are city fans for a reason.....no easy rides, no free hits....it's tough.we have had lows but now is no time to doubt.
We are playing the best football . We had 29 attempts yesterday against a champions league runner up....we were immense

# together # city.

I'm defo with the majority on here that last night something died in me watching football, it's left me feeling very detached from a sport that has been in my blood for over 40 years.
Very odd these feelings I got.

City players know the score. They must win things twice over too be given the desicion.
When the world wants you too fail I am sure it strengthens the resolve. City have to thrash teams out of sight jus to be sure they aren't stitched up.
For tea lady to KDB and Serge. From match going city fan to armchair we just stay tight.....siege mentality.
Too steal from our friends in Wolverhampton.

The strength is in the pack.

WE are city, WE aren't going away......PEP is all for justice and fair play. They need too be careful or he may stay with us a long ,long time.
HE came in innocent but he gets what it means to be City now. And his passion and body language say he gets it and gets us one hundred percent.
Until he feels we get a fair deal and authorities are even handed he will stay......I love it

Everyone should read this. All this sh1te about not going, ruining football b0ll0x. I said on a previous thread that this is exactly what 'they' want. The only losers are you and City. Without you City will not exist. 'They' don't give a sh1t if you go to games or not. Do you really think if nobody turned up at City it would change anything? Make your voice heard at games like we did yesterday. Let them know we will not bend over and be shafted by them. FFS even MotD agree.

THREEPEAT

Last edited:
City players know the score. They must win things twice over too be given the desicion.
When the world wants you too fail I am sure it strengthens the resolve. City have to thrash teams out of sight jus to be sure they aren't stitched up.
For tea lady to KDB and Serge. From match going city fan to armchair we just stay tight.....siege mentality.
Too steal from our friends in Wolverhampton.

The strength is in the pack.

WE are city, WE aren't going away......PEP is all for justice and fair play. They need too be careful or he may stay with us a long ,long time.
HE came in innocent but he gets what it means to be City now. And his passion and body language say he gets it and gets us one hundred percent.
Until he feels we get a fair deal and authorities are even handed he will stay......I love it

Everyone should read this. All this sh1te about not going, ruining football b0ll0x. I said on a previous thread that this is exactly what 'they' want. The only losers are you and City. Without you City will not exist. 'They' don't give a sh1t if you go to games or not. Do you really think if nobody turned up at City it would change anything? Make your voice heard at games like we did yesterday. Let them know we will not bend over and be shafted by them. FFS even MotD agree.

THREEPEAT

The thing with VAR if the match ref had disallowed the 3rd goal the excitement would have stopped within seconds, the players would have stopped us fans would have stopped, we would have moaned when we saw it on tv. The thing with VAR it allowed the players, fans to celebrate for 2 minutes. Even Sky didnt know it was being reviewed, even Neville was getting really excited. Than out of nowhere its disallowed. Taking the players, fans even the spurs players and SKY by surprise.
I cant really put it into words but I could except it more from the match ref than I an from some bloke in his shed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.