Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

the ball came off laporte and went straight to GJ hence it was disallowed because ball changed diretion and went to GJ and he socred....its deemed as a pass

is th rule wrong - yes, but by the rule in its present form its the correct decision.
No it's not, the current rule states that a goal is disallowed if the ball hits a players hand and goes directly from that player into the net or the player controls or gains possession of the ball via an accidental handball and then either scores or assists a goal (I.e. the ball hits a players hand, drops to his feet and he then scores or passes it to a teammate). The ball vaguely brushing a players arm is neither controlling (palming the ball into another players path for example) or gaining possession (Henry v Ireland for example) so it was the wrong decision.
The only decision that VAR has got right in its current guise when taking into account the technical limitations of the system is the penalty retake against West Ham and I'm not even sure VAR awarded that as that should be something the linesman spots easily.
This whole if it touches an attackers hand then it's automatically a handball is the dumbed down tabloid version of the rules not the actual rules of the game as laid out by FIFA.
Ergo VAR is not fit for purpose in it's current state.

Id be pissed off if that was given as a penalty for anyone.....there is no way that contact means the player falls over...its the stuff that Salah does all the time and we all hate so no way i want a penalty for that

now the first on rodri is definitely a penalty in my eyes
I'd say that one was 50/50 these days but stuff like that should be given whether Laporte goes over easily or stays on his feet. Grabbing hold of a player so they can't get to a ball coming into the box isn't a legitimate part of football and is what VAR should be stopping, whether the player goes over easily is irrelevant he's being pulled back illegally and should be a penalty.

Ok so if you are saying its the correct decision then what about the fact Laporte has his arm pulled seconds before ! And the ball hits him because of this ?

Who’s being selective now

it doesnt matter whether Laporte was having his arm pulled moments before...that happens at corners etc all the time and sometimes a foul is give, sometimes not...it hits his arm and we gain an advantage (not deliberate but an advantage non the less) - the rule is really clear (but i believe for the sake of the game it does need to be changed as in this incident and ones in the future it will spoil the game)

it doesnt matter whether Laporte was having his arm pulled moments before...that happens at corners etc all the time and sometimes a foul is give, sometimes not...it hits his arm and we gain an advantage (not deliberate but an advantage non the less) - the rule is really clear (but i believe for the sake of the game it does need to be changed as in this incident and ones in the future it will spoil the game)

Course it matters It’s the reason the ball Hits his arm , you can’t be so selective !

See the whole reason it stinks !

And your now a bore

No it's not, the current rule states that a goal is disallowed if the ball hits a players hand and goes directly from that player into the net or the player controls or gains possession of the ball via an accidental handball and then either scores or assists a goal (I.e. the ball hits a players hand, drops to his feet and he then scores or passes it to a teammate). The ball vaguely brushing a players arm is neither controlling (palming the ball into another players path for example) or gaining possession (Henry v Ireland for example) so it was the wrong decision.
The only decision that VAR has got right in its current guise when taking into account the technical limitations of the system is the penalty retake against West Ham and I'm not even sure VAR awarded that as that should be something the linesman spots easily.
This whole if it touches an attackers hand then it's automatically a handball is the dumbed down tabloid version of the rules not the actual rules of the game as laid out by FIFA.
Ergo VAR is not fit for purpose in it's current state.

two different arguments there...

1. the rule is wrong - yes i fully agree.
2. interpitation of the present rule....the ball via the arm of laporte goes to our player - we therefore have gained an advantage due to a handball and in the build up to the goal (which is the key bit) and we gained possession from it

VAr also got the Jesus one right vs west ham - albeit by millimetres sterling was offisde int he build up before he passed to jesus - he was offisde therefore correct....
as you said it also got the penalty retake right - because rice cleared the ball...if he hadnt touched the ball it and a city player had got to it and missed it wouldnt have been retaken but if the city player had got to it and scored then if that player had encroached as well (and i belive the nearest one had done at the same time as Rice) it would hve hd to be retaken

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.