Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I don't know what to do with these corner- and freekick situations. Do City practise them at all on training? It's unacceptable for a team considered to be top five in the entire world and a team that should be playing quarter/semifinals of the Champions League each year to concede two goals on the only TWO situations Tottenham had all 90 minutes. The defense is giving me the déjà vu from when Pep arrived in 2016. We have to stop conceding bullshit goals on cornerkicks. We had, what 13 corners? And Spurs maybe 2? Unbelievable result. We completely outplayed them for most of the game – and it's fukcing 2-2?!

It’s the var rule that’s the problem.

The ref gives a penalty then var won’t overuse either. But the var assumes the ref saw it which he didn’t. He’s staring at the penalty spot and doesn’t see the contact at all. The issue is with the var interpretation. We’re still at the mercy of the ref which is the issue unless a defender kills someone in the box with a machete.

now i agree with you here...

as i said before i thought it was stonewall penalty on Rodri - loads of precident in that so many penalties given for incidents of similar nature...

I can only guess (as can anyone else) if they saw the ref didnt see the foul (as he wasnt looking at the incident) then they would/should over rule him....however you are saying that Oilver didnt see it here....i didnt notice whether he saw it or not as ive only seen a few replays and was concentrating on the foul itself not where the ref was looking.....

For me if the ref wasnt looking at the incident it should have been reviewed (it may have been reviewed anyway - we dont know it wasnt and i thought fro t he refs actions and conversation he as saying that it had been reviewed but other people have inteprited this differently) - but no one knows.

I'm not clear on it either but just heard apparently the VAR can't overrule the on-field if the ref has seen it. So it's just whether the ref decides to say he's seen it...

Agree with you though. Shouldn't have to but we've reached greater heights than other teams before and I'm confident we can do it again.

What? I've never heard that. It was supposed to correct clear and obvious errors made by the referee. If a clear and obvious error is made then by definition the referee has seen it. That's the language that's been used by all the media so that's obviously how they were briefed on it.

Sounds like the whole FFP situation again, move the goalposts tto deliberately screw us over at the behest of the cartel clubs.

Fucking shafted again.
I want rid of it.
Ruining any enjoyment I get from the game.
I suspected it would be used against us at crucial points in games whilst going for us when it means fuck all. Like a penalty retake when were winning by a mile.
How the fuck did they get anything out of that game.
I'm fucking fuming at that decision considering what was let go in the Super Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.