Will VAR lead to increased football violence?

If var would have done it's job correctly that decision wouldn't have mattered as much as we would have been 3-2 up anyway, providing the nailed on penalty we weren't given was converted. Those are the decisions fucking var was supposed to make right, not the ball hitting an arm in a goalmouth scramble the player knew nothing about.

They say it will even out over a season, not a chance. How many teams really attack city. We will experience this more than most teams so get used to it blues.
If we do what we didn't do yesterday, and put good chances in the net, we take VAR out of the equation, we were so watseful yesterday.

If we do what we didn't do yesterday, and put good chances in the net, we take VAR out of the equation, we were so watseful yesterday.

But sometimes you have one of these games where chances go begging and then the officials are on hand to cheat us out of two points.

So opposition players can foul us as much as they want, but it's City's problem for not putting their chances in the back of the net?
I never mentioned fouling, just that we wasted a host of chances, and if we take half of them, all VAR affects at the end is our goal difference.

But sometimes you have one of these games where chances go begging and then the officials are on hand to cheat us out of two points.
Yes of course, so lets not give them that opportunity.

I never mentioned fouling, just that we wasted a host of chances, and if we take half of them, all VAR affects at the end is our goal difference.

Yes of course, so lets not give them that opportunity.

If Oliver had done his job City could have been 1-0 up 11 minutes into the first half! It was clearly a fould on Rodri as per Law 12. Only the Rose foul on Aguero will I accept that maybe it could be argued Rose let go before the ball got to Aguero. The fould on Rodri, was a foul. The ref didn't see it so why didn't VAR review it?

If Oliver had done his job City could have been 1-0 up 11 minutes into the first half!
Yeah and it could also have still been 0-0 had he given it too, given who normally takes our penalties. I've no problem with saying it should have been refered, it should, but from the replay I saw, Oliver wasn't in a good position, and I presume nobody in the VAR room said anything.

My point was about the decison at the end, if we had put our chances away, VAR couldn't affect the result.

Yeah and it could also have still been 0-0 had he given it too, given who normally takes our penalties. I've no problem with saying it should have been refered, it should, but from the replay I saw, Oliver wasn't in a good position, and I presume nobody in the VAR room said anything.

My point was about the decison at the end, if we had put our chances away, VAR couldn't affect the result.

That's why I used the word 'could', and not 'would'.

It did effect the result though. Jesus scored his chance, but with no proof Laporte was deemed to have handled the ball accidently.

I share the OP’s pain but for me it breeds apathy rather than anger. We all had a girl we were madly in love with until she changed and we didn’t love her anymore.

They could always have less alcohol?

Fk me ... the game is changing for the worst year in year out... it is a release from the weeks stress for a lot of working men.. take away a few pints and it’s sanatised for good .
I’m in the family stand and have no interest in violence what so ever these days .. I’d had 2 pints on Saturday but if I’d have bumped into some cockney knobs ballooning on the tow path on the way back to town I’d not have been looking to give them a swimming lesson but I wouldn’t put my life on it that the red mist wouldn’t have descended and id do something stupid and out of carracture in the heat of the moment.. and I’d expect no less if it was the other way around

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.