Var debate 2019/20

They are discouraged from using the monitors because it takes to much time,does it fuck,don't have them at all then,the VAR people want to be able to ref the game and do what they want
Correct Karen,and this was my major worry the ref on the pitch should have the final say on things and with yesterday’s game he took advice from the VAR ref in injury time to disallow the goal why didn’t he go to the monitor to check for himself ..

Correct Karen,and this was my major worry the ref on the pitch should have the final say on things and with yesterday’s game he took advice from the VAR ref in injury time to disallow the goal why didn’t he go to the monitor to check for himself ..
Because he was told that there was a handball used in the build up to the goal.He doesn`t have to check that !!! And they were proven to be correct with their decision on that incident.

Yep you would think a last minute winner would qualify using the monitor,no-one would be bothered how long that took,varwant as much control as they can

Because he was told that there was a handball used in the build up to the goal.He doesn`t have to check that !!! And they were proven to be correct with their decision on that incident.
They should of demanded he look at the video for the penalty although aguero probably would of missed

Cameras, monitors, miked-up refs, slow motion, chips in boots, microchipped ball, replays at 1000 frames per second, managers getting 1, 2,3 chances to review - all have been mentioned and more. And it’s all bollocks. Leave the game as it was, as it survived perfectly well for over 130 years. I barely celebrated the 1st two goals as I was almost certain they’d be flagged for offside. I went mental for the 3rd and how wrong I was. It’s fucking killed the game. Stone dead. But hey, let’s call it “progress” let’s say it will rule out mistakes. Let’s not ask any fan what they want. I fucking hate it. Always have, always will. Anyone thinks it’s a great idea, stick to wathing American fucking football. You’ll be welcome to that anodyne shit.

The foul on Rodri.

How do you know the referee does see it?

I watched the match again on Man City for TV and just before the replay you see the ball go out for a throw in > then a close up of Oliver shaking his head and pointing to his ear piece > then the replay shows Oliver look at the player taking the corner kick > then Oliver looks at the huddle of players in the middle of the penalty area = thus Oliver doesn't see Aguero being pulled back by Rose and by the time he's turn his head to where the ball is, Rodri is already on the deck.

I'd post a video, but trying to control the Man City for TV app is difficult. This could all be avoided if referees were micked up for the whole world to hear what VAR is doing and what the referee and the other officials are saying to each other. If they saw both incidents and deemed them not to be fouls then that's one thing, but no one knows for certain. Football is a soap opera, decent sports like cricket and rugby have none of this controversy because we get to hear what the officials are saying, etc.

30 minutes it took to get the evidence below to help provide factual proof for my point. Life is too short, I'm off for my tea and going to think about whether my time this weekend would have been better watching the Ashes. Yesterday I decided to stay in the pub with my mates in the beer garden. I got to the ground at half time, and saw the second half. Why did I stay in the beer garden? Because, usually I put City first and others second, but I'm tired of doing that, especially when soap operas bore the hell out of me.

20190818_173336.jpg

Last edited:
Let's face it, it is painful but as long as it's consistent.

We are always going to get more reviews as we score more goals than anyone else and if we're not winning going into the last 10 minutes of a game, then we're definitely going to be in the opposition's penalty area.

Unfortunately we'll be a victim of our own success.

It isn't the disallowed goal that is the injustice, it is the fact the useless **** Oliver looked at the drag down and thought no penalty and then VAR man also thinking ah well no pen when the truth of the matter is it was a penalty all day long and twice if it was man utd or Liverpool.
Mike Dean was going to do the same last week, he turned away from the penalty shout and then thought better of it and took it VAR so it could clear him of not having to make that decision.
The refs in this country are either inept at their job or somebody pays them to look the other way.

I wonder why he wasn't asked whether he had seen the blatant wrestling move on Rodri. He clearly hadn't because if he had he would surely have asked for a VAR re-run to confirm it, wouldn't he? No? It just makes you wonder, doesn't it?

How do you know the referee doesn't see it?

I watched the match again on Man City for TV and just before the replay you see the ball go out for a throw in > then a close up of Oliver shaking his head and pointing to his ear piece > then the replay shows Oliver look at the player taking the corner kick > then Oliver looks at the huddle of players in the middle of the penalty area = thus Oliver doesn't see Aguero being pulled back by Rose and by the time he's turn his head to where the ball is, Rodri is already on the deck.

I'd post a video, but trying to control the Man City for TV app is difficult. This could all be avoided if referees were micked up for the whole world to hear what VAR is doing and what the referee and the other officials are saying to each other. If they saw both incidents and deemed them not to be fouls then that's one thing, but no one knows for certain. Football is a soap opera, decent sports like cricket and rugby have none of this controversy because we get to hear what the officials are saying, etc.

30 minutes it took to get the evidence below to help provide factual proof for my point. Life is too short, I'm off for my tea and going to think about whether my time this weekend would have been better watching the Ashes. Yesterday I decided to stay in the pub with my mates in the beer garden. I got to the ground at half time, and saw the second half. Why did I stay in the beer garden? Because, usually I put City first and others second, but I'm tired of doing that, especially when soap operas bore the hell out of me.

20190818_173336.jpg

It was at the very last moment he turned to see that. When most of the foul was happening he was looking at penalty spot.

It isn't the disallowed goal that is the injustice, it is the fact the useless **** Oliver looked at the drag down and thought no penalty and then VAR man also thinking ah well no pen when the truth of the matter is it was a penalty all day long and twice if it was man utd or Liverpool.
Mike Dean was going to do the same last week, he turned away from the penalty shout and then thought better of it and took it VAR so it could clear him of not having to make that decision.
The refs in this country are either inept at their job or somebody pays them to look the other way.

And as far as yesterday's pen on Rodri the useless Bottler looked at summat else. And to think he is regarded by many as the best ref we have. Kinell!

If you can return to an incident three or four touches prior to a goal being scored, I think we should be able to re-run a game prior to 1500 touches and add the pen on at the end!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.