Var debate 2019/20

How are people complaining about the Pogba penalty? It's completely a penalty, Coady doesn't even complain. The biggest farce last night was the Wolves goal pissed me off. How is that any different from the Sterling one at West Ham?

Whichever way you look at the Pogba incident last night it’s a dive. Coady doesn’t react because you know it’s going to be given for contact, even though Pogba instigated that contact by launching himself and letting his leg dangle.

It’s absolutely not a penalty because the defender doesn’t make a challenge, however this is the way officials and VAR officials can hide behind the “clear and obvious” guidelines which is just a caveat for allowing some teams to benefit and others to suffer (e.g. us with Rodri).

Yet again it’s a potential game changing “incorrect” decision (13/15th penalty in 40 games?) which goes in United's favour.

How are people complaining about the Pogba penalty? It's completely a penalty, Coady doesn't even complain. The biggest farce last night was the Wolves goal pissed me off. How is that any different from the Sterling one at West Ham?

because the ball was passed backwards, therefore onside, shouldn't even be a debate

Whichever way you look at the Pogba incident last night it’s a dive. Coady doesn’t react because you know it’s going to be given for contact, even though Pogba instigated that contact by launching himself and letting his leg dangle.

It’s absolutely not a penalty because the defender doesn’t make a challenge, however this is the way officials and VAR officials can hide behind the “clear and obvious” guidelines which is just a caveat for allowing some teams to benefit and others to suffer (e.g. us with Rodri).

Yet again it’s a potential game changing “incorrect” decision (13/15th penalty in 40 games?) which goes in United's favour.
Franny Lee would have been proud of the leg dangle!

the pogba penalty in my opinion was 100$ a dive and should have been over ruled by var. he instigated the contact all the defender did was stand his ground. no chance over any of the dives from tom dalery's students salah firmino and salah being over ruled this season

I think this is a case of a new law being seen to say something it doesn’t.

Yer dead right, CB. How many times do we hear ex-pros waffling on about another Dipper or MANUre pen and in their enlightened explanation add a whole raft of stuff has isn't written into the LotG or is simply irrelevant to what happened.

There is another issue that I am awaiting for an explanation. The word control! When we have players like Bernardo Silva and David Silva their control is mesmerising. The ball can be anywhere within a yard of them and they will have it under control. The level of control our players demonstrate is far better than many of the teams we play. I wonder if there will be 'VARiable' levels of control placed on different players, or is control measured by how the fattest lard arse on the FA committee controls the ball! Another word, and limitless interpretations. Wait for the pundits on MotD to explore those.

Variable Arbitrary Rulings.
Both incidents were a penalty, the referee saw Pogbas and gave it. Oliver didn't see the Rodriguez incident but neither the liner nor VAR official had enough balls to overule him and give it. THAT is why this system is shit currently.
What was interesting was that Oliver made reference to his earpiece when City players complained at the time. I'd be interested to know if he intimated VAR had said nothing or said it wasn't a penalty.
I think the refs are scared of being made to look incompetent/inconsistent and are resisting the idea of opening up their mikes or even releasing the transcripts/audio of discussions after the game. They probably have a case to a degree because they are paid in a year what most players get in a week, so why should they be the target of vile, anger and ridicule. If VAR is here to stay, then it HAS to be clear and open so we can see the reasoning for these decisions by all the officials concerned. The FA/PGMOL have sold this as a massive improvement to the game but if we are going to be kept in the dark about who is calling the shots then it doesn't feel like an improvement, quite the opposite. It used to be the referee but now we don't know.

Listening to Neil Swarbrick (Head of VAR) on the radio. He said Rodri dived lol. This is the level of corruption we are dealing with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.