OS: If You Don’t Attend 10 PL Home Games, You Could Lose Your Season Ticket The Following Season

The cynic in me says the club aren't arsed about filling any un used seats its just that they charge ridiculous matchday prices so for every ticket on the exchange they can sell for 3x what it cost the seasonticket holder.

I tend to agree but I it’s also a case that the club want their cake and eat it mate. I know it’s been communicated at the OSC Exec Committee meetings that the Club are concerned about filling empty seats but they would make more tickets available for match day fans at cheaper prices if they were really bothered.

The cynic in me says the club aren't arsed about filling any un used seats its just that they charge ridiculous matchday prices so for every ticket on the exchange they can sell for 3x what it cost the seasonticket holder.
Knowing someone fairly high up on this side of things at the club, I think your cynicism is probably misplaced mate. The club very much care about the empty seats on show during sell outs and the whole ‘Emptyhad’ thing.

I tend to agree but I it’s also a case that the club want their cake and eat it mate. I know it’s been communicated at the OSC Exec Committee meetings that the Club are concerned about filling empty seats but they would make more tickets available for match day fans at cheaper prices if they were really bothered.
But the club more often than not sell all of the day tickets they have available and thus the game is a ‘sell out’, however around 3-4,000 seats remain empty on average per game. Those are SC’s with people not turning up.

Hi, I'm from Melbourne looking to make the trip to the Etihad in Nov/Dec this year and catch a game. I need some help regarding how the Ticket Exchange system - this is very foreign concept unfortunately for me. Obviously, City v Chelsea on 23 Nov is sold out being a massive game.

My understanding is tickets can only be listed 4 weeks before the game?

Is that correct and also, what are the chances of being able to get a ticket via ticket exchange?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I've got many big games through the ticket exchange, including Chelsea last year. I think you'll be fine, especially if you're only after one. Liverpool and United are the only games I've really struggled with. Just log on to where you buy tickets, and they'll come up on dribs and drabs as the game approaches. Usually a rush at the start of the period and in the week leading up to it.

I think this is less about penalising fans for missing games and more about maximising fans listing their tickets on ticket exchange for resale at a profit.

I often can’t be arsed listing when we miss a game due to holidays or whatever . Will think twice now though.

Which is a result, if 1000s of others who didn't bother, do the same. Not all will sell but plenty will.

I used to give my ticket to mates when I was working away, but then they kept finding out, last minute, that they couldn't go. So I decided they could fuck off & put it on ticket exchange. It has sold, quickly, every time.

But the club more often than not sell all of the day tickets they have available and thus the game is a ‘sell out’, however around 3-4,000 seats remain empty on average per game. Those are SC’s with people not turning up.

I agree mate. The point I would like to make is that if there were more match day tickets available at cheaper prices then we may well see fewer empty seats because e.g. if we don’t increase the number of season card holders when we expand the North Stand. The FA Cup games where we get crowds of say 50k to 52k, with people who have bought tickets specifically for the game, often results in a fuller looking ground than the lower profile league games.

the waiting list for seasoncards is growing i believe, so this could be a way of getting them in if these non attenders are just not turning up

Which is a result, if 1000s of others who didn't bother, do the same. Not all will sell but plenty will.

I used to give my ticket to mates when I was working away, but then they kept finding out, last minute, that they couldn't go. So I decided they could fuck off & put it on ticket exchange. It has sold, quickly, every time.
The ticket exchange is excellent and the rule relaxing the 6 match limit is very welcome. In the last 4 seasons, ours has failed to sell once out of 20 or so occasions. I would hate to think that my seat was empty because I cant make it. Why deny some other fan the opportunity? Its a really excellent move by the club.

I agree mate. The point I would like to make is that if there were more match day tickets available at cheaper prices then we may well see fewer empty seats because e.g. if we don’t increase the number of season card holders when we expand the North Stand. The FA Cup games where we get crowds of say 50k to 52k, with people who have bought tickets specifically for the game, often results in a fuller looking ground than the lower profile league games.

If more season card holders use the ticket exchange then supply increases, this should in theory bring match day ticket prices down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.