A Turning Point

Gary Cook (despite his several foot in mouth guffs) getting ADUG to buy us has to be mentioned as a turning point. The second one was signing Robinho. Although deemed as a flop he was a statement of intent. I bet Fergie's chewy fell out of his gob in shock when we signed him.

Last edited:
Gary Cook (despite his several foot in mouth guffs) getting ADUG to buy us has to be mentioned as a turning point. The second one was our Robinho. Although deemed as a flop he was a statement of intent. I bet Fergie's chewy fell out of his gob in shock when we signed him.
Tevez was bigger than Robinho, Yaya bigger than Tevez, Aguero bigger than both combined.

Looking at where things have gone for us since the takeover, this felt like the big turning point. We won the FA Cup semi-final the year before and battered them 6-1 at Old Trafford, yes, but I think this was when we properly rattled Ferguson for the first time. The first time we wound him up and he snapped back. The FA Cup semi started the shift, the 6-1 set the gears in motion, and this little gesture (along with the win and everything it meant) was when we finally, properly got under Ferguson's skin, right before he retired and left them in a just a little bit of a mess.

C_71_article_1492553_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Platt looks utterly conflicted.

Signing Gareth Taylor and dropping Goater who had been pretty shit, the season started to turn round after that with Goater fighting to get his place back and keep it.

However teh then United manager helped out Royle with Terry Cooke which also spurred us on greatly, and the united manager contributed to their own downfall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.