******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stokes didn’t believe the DRS graphic was correct.

At the time, I thought it would be umpire’s call. Even after seeing numerous replays, I still believe it would have been either clipping or hitting leg stump. It was by no means plumb.[/QUOTE

Clearly hits his front pad which caused the deviation that DRS deemed to be turn Stokes confirmed it in press conference saying it was going down leg. It was clipping leg at best and in no way was a howler. If he was given out and reviewed ultra edge would have confirmed that and would have highlighted the flaw in the ball tracking not sure what the umpires would have done. Thank fuck Tim Paine burned that review to save us from that controversy.

Stokes was able to what he did because he took 2 off 50 balls, stayed in and then punished the Aussies when they got ragged. We got 67 first time around because they tried to go after them before getting in. Our batsmen need to learn to hang around, because they need to win 1 test and somehow break the inevitable Smith/Labuschagne partnership that's about to unfold.

but if you think about it you could score quick runs and not just do or die stuff at the end, am not saying from ball one but control with intent ?? it can change a game in 5 to 10 overs and having a score on the board would also change the game and the mindset of the other team

just hanging around for 3 or 4 hours and defend and leave as gone from the game, the style of cricket by the batsman needs to change because the bowlers are getting better and better in bowling the right lines and length and add swing or bounce then just staying in like you say is impossible in england, you have to go early and hard at the ball in england and take the swing out of the game and if you don't its coming and got your name on the ball

the duke ball is like a ticking time bomb with the right bowlers in england and the aussies are just as good as our best bowlers, but they have this extra bounce in their style and just bowl just back of a length and its a nightmare to bat against if you are just defending and looking to stay in, stokes can play that way at any stage of a innings and KP was the same just like botham when they have to go just let them smash it

yes it comes off about 2 out of 10 or maybe a little more, but its the mind set of the fielding captain and bowling team that it gets in there head that it could be today they score big runs so bowl to defend and keep the score down and not at the wickets

Clearly hits his front pad which caused the deviation that DRS deemed to be turn Stokes confirmed it in press conference saying it was going down leg. It was clipping leg at best and in no way was a howler. If he was given out and reviewed ultra edge would have confirmed that and would have highlighted the flaw in the ball tracking not sure what the umpires would have done. Thank fuck Tim Paine burned that review to save us from that controversy.

i think it did straighten a little but the line was still clipping leg stump in my book, and the umpire was right to turn it down even if england had a review you don't play the game like that and the umpire is not in control of of any of the teams reviews, the asussies should have won the game with the run out or the dropped catch so they are clutching at straws with the LBW

but if you think about it you could score quick runs and not just do or die stuff at the end, am not saying from ball one but control with intent ?? it can change a game in 5 to 10 overs and having a score on the board would also change the game and the mindset of the other team

just hanging around for 3 or 4 hours and defend and leave as gone from the game, the style of cricket by the batsman needs to change because the bowlers are getting better and better in bowling the right lines and length and add swing or bounce then just staying in like you say is impossible in england, you have to go early and hard at the ball in england and take the swing out of the game and if you don't its coming and got your name on the ball

the duke ball is like a ticking time bomb with the right bowlers in england and the aussies are just as good as our best bowlers, but they have this extra bounce in their style and just bowl just back of a length and its a nightmare to bat against if you are just defending and looking to stay in, stokes can play that way at any stage of a innings and KP was the same just like botham when they have to go just let them smash it

yes it comes off about 2 out of 10 or maybe a little more, but its the mind set of the fielding captain and bowling team that it gets in there head that it could be today they score big runs so bowl to defend and keep the score down and not at the wickets

the majority of them aren't good enough to do that, as Roy is proving, the new ball with this calibre of bowling attack when you're first at the crease is a minefield, you just have to find a way to survive then you can score. The benefit for the middle order is if they get in they have their eye in by the time the 2nd new ball comes around, unfortunately they keep playing wafty shots apart from Stokes on Sunday and getting themselves out.

i think it did straighten a little but the line was still clipping leg stump in my book, and the umpire was right to turn it down even if england had a review you don't play the game like that and the umpire is not in control of of any of the teams reviews, the asussies should have won the game with the run out or the dropped catch so they are clutching at straws with the LBW
yes the Aussies are claiming it as a stonewall decision due to the tracker using his back leg as the point of impact where it wasnt. Luckily they had no review but it highlights a flaw if they'd ignored ultra edge proving otherwise. Technology eh.

Interesting stuff and makes you think that you can get complacent thinking the technology is perfect.

I love how no-one is talking about the mad shot he was playing. 2 to win and he's playing an extravagant reverse sweep!

Interesting stuff and makes you think that you can get complacent thinking the technology is perfect.

I love how no-one is talking about the mad shot he was playing. 2 to win and he's playing an extravagant reverse sweep!
Conventional sweep and he'd nailed everything previous so that's a big harsh......here's another explanation

Conventional sweep and he'd nailed everything previous so that's a big harsh......here's another explanation

Oh course he's a lefty.. Bowls right handed though?

I meant complacent in terms of any of us trusting the technology too much, when it's not 100% correct. I was in the mindset that ball tracking was never wrong but that's a silly conclusion to make in hindsight.

He'd done okay with some extravagant shots to get that far. That reverse switch it was just taking the piss!

Looks like I owe Joel Wilson an apology. The lbw decision (which I thought was a clanger) might have been correct. The ball may well have clipped the front pad, which changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.