Var debate 2019/20

The onus is on them to stop lying and undermining their own system,i can't excuse what they have done to us already,it's only been 3 games and we have been shafted in every game,they have abused their own rules in order to make sure we are dropping points,we have absolutely no reason to sit by and let them get away with that or any reason to give them any trust,maybe if they had treated us the same as everyone else we might have got somewhere,they have been testing this out behind the scenes on the 3pm games for a year,we have only 3 games to go on,they lied about what it was for,no-one expected this clusterfuck

And I’ll reiterate, as long as you believe that’s the case (whether it’s right or not) then it will never work from your perspective. They can get over some of it with transparency but if one of your underlying beliefs is that they are biased against us then you’re still going to disagree with some of their subjective decisions regardless to an extent.

Personally, I don’t believe the same as you. I think the system is inept and the referees are using it in a way that it can’t add value and will erode trust even further. That’s not just for us, that’s for a lot of clubs who also have already been impacted.

Suspend VAR until decisions are as instant as goal line tech. My software developer son tells me the tech is there - just needs a bit of adaptation. Alternatively, require VAR refs to do what the cricket equivalents have to do - i.e. provide a live running commentary on what they're seeing to justify their decision.

It can’t be there unless you’re only using it for binary decisions like offsides and whether the ball is out or not. If that’s what you’re saying though, I agree, just use it for that.

And I’ll reiterate, as long as you believe that’s the case (whether it’s right or not) then it will never work from your perspective. They can get over some of it with transparency but if one of your underlying beliefs is that they are biased against us then you’re still going to disagree with some of their subjective decisions regardless to an extent.

Personally, I don’t believe the same as you. I think the system is inept and the referees are using it in a way that it can’t add value and will erode trust even further. That’s not just for us, that’s for a lot of clubs who also have already been impacted.
Nobody has suffered like we have already,nobody else is 2 points down based on technology that is not accurate,i think i have enough to go on

It can’t be there unless you’re only using it for binary decisions like offsides and whether the ball is out or not. If that’s what you’re saying though, I agree, just use it for that.
There isn't any off the shelf football tech available, but my son tells me there is imaging tech available that can be adapted to instantly determine whether Image A is offside when Image B delivers the ball - no need to analyse replays. All that apart, given the lengthy periods involved to determine whether our goals are legal, I can't help but feel that the VAR ref in a caravan hundreds of miles away looks at our goals and rewinds, rewinds and rewinds until there is some minor coming together that they can use to rule out our goals.

Nobody has suffered like we have already,nobody else is 2 points down based on technology that is not accurate,i think i have enough to go on

They could have been though, it happened at a similar time of the game for Chelsea. Unless you mean the handball one, which I don’t see as a VAR issue as such.

What was it if not a var issue,it was var that gave it,based on their rules it wasn't even a handball
The VAR team scoured the build up to that goal for the sole purpose of looking for a reason not to give it, and found one, albeit an incorrect interpretation of the new handball rule.

It was such a 'clear and obvious error' that nobody in the ground, including the referee thought that goal wasn't going to be given, right up to the point VAR whispered in his ear "hang on a minute, we think we can disallow this".

What was it if not a var issue,it was var that gave it,based on their rules it wasn't even a handball

Pgmols interpretation of the rules. They’d already shown it against Wolves so that’s clearly what they’ve briefed the refs (including VAR ones) to do.

It’s not just that we are 2 points down. It seems VAR is being used to rule every close call against us. Hopefully this is a blip and it’ll even itself out but I won’t hold my breath. The whole agenda in football in this country is to see the Dippers go one better and lift the title - we saw a ridiculous level of bias last year - I expect even more this year and VAR May play its part. If VAR was in use I guarantee Vinny would have walked against the Dippers last season.

The VAR team scoured the build up to that goal for the sole purpose of looking for a reason not to give it, and found one, albeit an incorrect interpretation of the new handball rule.

It was such a 'clear and obvious error' that nobody in the ground, including the referee thought that goal wasn't going to be given, right up to the point VAR whispered in his ear "hang on a minute, we think we can disallow this".
Yep both that and raz offside was poured over to find a way to stitch us,would they have done that to the dippers? hell no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.