Var debate 2019/20

I agree, we do exert so much more pressure on teams than anyone else but it’s the subjective side, the human end decision allowing for the bias of a hidden face in an office near Heathrow, especially when it’s essentially another referees interpretation over penalty incidents rather than lines drawn on the pitch for offsides. How do you explain away the two penalty incidents so far?

the same way other inexplicable penalties havent been given over decades of watching football - bad ref's making poor decisions and differing/subjective views on what constitutes a foul or not a foul....

those two for us were stone wall penalties.....but the Martial one was as well

I agree, we do exert so much more pressure on teams than anyone else but it’s the subjective side, the human end decision allowing for the bias of a hidden face in an office near Heathrow, especially when it’s essentially another referees interpretation over penalty incidents rather than lines drawn on the pitch for offsides. How do you explain away the two penalty incidents so far?

The same as I would for others, they seem to be setting far too high a bar that it makes having VAR for subjective decisions currently pointless.

the same way other inexplicable penalties havent been given over decades of watching football - bad ref's making poor decisions and differing/subjective views on what constitutes a foul or not a foul....

And that very same reason is corruption, and they've just made it easier.

Granted, there have been some downright shocking refereeing performances that can be put down to sheer incompetence, but VAR is just another tool in the arsenal of bent officials.

I want VAR to stay as we weren’t getting these pens last year, hand ball goals given against us with or without VAR so we are in exactly same position. The fact that the whole world can see us getting done over not by 1 but 2 refs & technology shows it got what it is.

One thing I’m confused about is the rewriting of history that Liverpool would have won the title with VAR last year, you really can make anything up.

Nobody has suffered like we have already,nobody else is 2 points down based on technology that is not accurate,i think i have enough to go on

Our bad luck. Let's see if it evens itself out.

We think Spurs have been benefiaries but remember the CL final with the pen. and then the decision at the weekend with their pen. The decision not to give a pen for Lascelles taking down Kane was the worst decision of the weekend imo.

Our bad luck. Let's see if it evens itself out.

We think Spurs have been benefiaries but remember the CL final with the pen. and then the decision at the weekend with their pen. The decision not to give a pen for Lascelles taking down Kane was the worst decision of the weekend imo.

So who benefitted - Liverpool not facing us & Spurs being done in the final.

Follow the outcome, don’t fall for the evens out story.

As I say , the faceless twat in the broom cupboard had the opportunity to inform the match referee that he needed to award a penalty and both times as he and the whole watching world could see they were stonewall pens or at least tell him to go and view the pitchside monitor. I wonder are refs still being assessed or has that been filed under ‘VAR teething troubles’?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.