Var debate 2019/20

The foul on Martial is outside the box. The defender absolutely pulls him, Martial is off balance and he’s still off balance/falling inside the box but the foul itself is outside so can’t ever be a penalty.

When have I ever denied the ball hit Laporte’s arm/hand? I haven’t, I’ve simply said there’s no proof which you among with several other posters and the worlds media couldn’t provide conclusively. VAR in handballs has to have 100% conclusive proof, it’s not a subjective call. There’s a video which makes it look very likely, however there’s nothing 100% definitive. The only fallback is players admitting it afterwards. The decision however isn’t given on what players say otherwise Rooney would have had 6,000,000 penalties a game with the amount of claims that fat granny shagging cünt made.

Simply put if you call the Martial pull a foul, then the pull on Laporte is also a foul and being inside the box prior to the “incorrect” handball decision should have resulted in a penalty to us. But you never say that, it doesn’t suit your narrative, so you try to manipulate and select only the evidence that does suit your narrative, hence why you were called out which you said you would always do to other posters earlier this week.

Other people have denied/refuse to accept that it hits his arm -the proof is there in the videos of the incident....and if the players said it hit his arm then it was the corret decision asit was said after the game (of course ref's shouldnt listen to players during the game as like you say we wouldn have endless groups of players surrounding the ref's on every decision).

The contact on Laporte happens before the ball comes to him and doesnt' stop him getting to the ball and is not happening when he challenges for the ball (yes there is challenge but not pulling).....the differece being Martial is directly in control of the ball and the pull affects his ability to shoot...in the laporte instance it doesnt affect his ability to head the ball....(in fact his arms are near enough where they should be if he was going to head he ball anyway......

here is the video again:

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/matc...nham-premier-league-video-highlights-extended

at 7.19 there is contact by both players
at 7.20 laporte is free from contact and moving towards the ball
between 7.21-7.22 laporte is still free and still moving and ahead of the spurs player (slightly)
7.23 both players are together going to head the ball (ducking their heads down)

the only real contact is right at he start before the ball is kicked and at the point of contact when they both go to head he ball - that isnt a penalty

They can fuck off using a pitch side monitor. Why do people want this sport to become more like the NFL everyday?

I would much rather the ref goes to a monitor to review and then decide for himself, instead of someone deciding somewhere else that there is nothing to look at.

I would much rather the ref goes to a monitor to review and then decide for himself, instead of someone deciding somewhere else that there is nothing to look at.
I agree, although not for every decision otherwise we'll run the risk of having commercial breaks, which makes me feel ill just thinking about it.

The foul on Silva should have been the litmus test for VAR to advise the ref to look on the monitor and expect him to overturn his decision, they failed miserably, the reason given was an utter lie as has been discussed ... it's a fuckin crock of shit and it's ruining the game for the fans. It's going to get worse not better, it's like they are digging a big hole and have gone past the point where they can climb out... So they just keep digging .....

I looked forward to the intro of VAR mainly because I thought it would eradicate the weird decisions given to Liverpool, United and certain others and which benefited them.

Far from it I have gone from being pro to very anti. I am pissed off with the slowness, the bad decisions, the failure to use the pitch-side monitors letting the match ref re-look at what they might have might have missed or more probably got wrong, fractions of an inch decisions on offside, City losing two points on what is likely to be a tight race etc, the way the officials come out with varying excuses to cover themselves and their mates etc etc etc

But what really pisses me off are those City fans who come on here to dismiss my and other Blues' views. They seem to search for stuff to back their case for VAR in the same way as VAR refs pore and peer at clips to try and find the slightest excuse t disallow a City Goal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but.......

A couple of years ago the people who seem to need constant internet disputes even with fellow City fans, were going on that there was no anti City bias or agenda. Does anyone dispute that now? VAR is the latest instalment.

I looked forward to the intro of VAR mainly because I thought it would eradicate the weird decisions given to Liverpool, United and certain others and which benefited them.

Far from it I have gone from being pro to very anti. I am pissed off with the slowness, the bad decisions, the failure to use the pitch-side monitors letting the match ref re-look at what they might have might have missed or more probably got wrong, fractions of an inch decisions on offside, City losing two points on what is likely to be a tight race etc, the way the officials come out with varying excuses to cover themselves and their mates etc etc etc

But what really pisses me off are those City fans who come on here to dismiss my and other Blues' views. They seem to search for stuff to back their case for VAR in the same way as VAR refs pore and peer at clips to try and find the slightest excuse t disallow a City Goal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but.......

A couple of years ago the people who seem to need constant internet disputes even with fellow City fans, were going on that there was no anti City bias or agenda. Does anyone dispute that now? VAR is the latest instalment.

As much as the new rule is rubbish regarding handball, that rule is in place for the season, so City have not lost 2 points, as that goal is not allowed with the current laws.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.