Empty Seats - Away this time

Am I right in saying the players / club employees receive 5% of the allocation which at Bournemouth would have equated to 60 tickets?

Yes but if they ask for more they will get more. Several ex City players in the away end at Brighton. I don’t begrudge that as it was a special occasion

Do you really think aunty Helga is going to go to Bournemouth away and sit with the rabble and have to stand the whole game when she can sit in comfort in a box at the Etihad. ?

For the last 2 years, 35 of KDB's closest friends have taken 35 seats on our coach to Anfield.

I'm pretty sure they won't be on the trip to Norwich.

Utter nonsense, loads of games go to any season ticket holder, I think from memory there was 13 last season. The big games always go to the same people, because those are the people who went to the likes of Rotherham, Walsall and grimsby and they are the ones who are at Newcastle and Swansea on a midweek game. The day a ballot comes in I won't be going to the above games and Many likely me will be the same, then they'll be hundreds there. We've earnt the right to be at the head of the queue through our loyalty.

Utter nonsense, loads of games go to any season ticket holder, I think from memory there was 13 last season. The big games always go to the same people, because those are the people who went to the likes of Rotherham, Walsall and grimsby and they are the ones who are at Newcastle and Swansea on a midweek game. The day a ballot comes in I won't be going to the above games and Many likely me will be the same, then they'll be hundreds there. We've earnt the right to be at the head of the queue through our loyalty.

The people who went to the likes of Rotherham, Walsall, Grimsby etc didnt get any points for attending. They queued on a Saturday morning and handed over a ticket from the back of the booklet and away they went ticket in hand. Points came in later and we all got the same flat rate 1500 I think.

Most of us enjoyed going to those matches as there was a lot of craic with the home town fans (albeit with a bit of piss taking) and I don't see why words like 'earnt the right' get used or the ridiculous 'did the hard yards'. Anyone who thinks watching City away is 'hard' at any time needs to find a new interest.

The people who went to the likes of Rotherham, Walsall, Grimsby etc didnt get any points for attending. They queued on a Saturday morning and handed over a ticket from the back of the booklet and away they went ticket in hand. Points came in later and we all got the same flat rate 1500 I think.

Most of us enjoyed going to those matches as there was a lot of craic with the home town fans (albeit with a bit of piss taking) and I don't see why words like 'earnt the right' get used or the ridiculous 'did the hard yards'. Anyone who thinks watching City away is 'hard' at any time needs to find a new interest.
Wrong, all regular season ticket holders got 1500 point plus they tracked points back for aways back until I think 2001. And they were added as a lump sum at 10 points a game.

Whether you like it or not we did earn the right as that is what the system has rewarded. And as for hard yards I chose at 18 to eat beans on toast for my tea at uni so I could afford to go to Walsall away, hiding in toilets on the way to aways because I had no money as a student, they were hard yards. I didn't do It for points I did it because I was obsessed with my team, the points I have now enable me to go anywhere I want bar Bournemouth.

Last edited:
It was 2002 that loyalty points were first given when we got back into the PL to stay. I cannot recall any credit being given for my earlier away matches or else I would have had a fair old wad - there were a lot of games in the lower divisions plus those minor cup matches. Please.please spare me the sob story about 'student eats toast shocker'. There were many blues who couldn't go to matches because they had to put decent food into their kids' mouths. They found it difficult to earn enough to feed those families let alone 'earn' points. Were you able to afford Platinum btw?

I am afraid that there is an awful streak of self entitlement and perceived superiority amongst many high points holders. You use the word 'we' as a collective pronoun for that group and some even use 'us and them' in a disparaging way and laugh about those who in vain hoped to catch up. Not pleasant at all.

Let me put you all right on this.
No need to "name and shame". The club knows whose tickets they are . They belong to players. They are given a number of tickets comps and are also allow to buy,yes buy. Its usually for their families,its been going on at all clubs from the year dot.
If their aunt Helga from wherever doesnt pitch then we have an empty seat, a full family or two then its an empty row,and so on.
Now in case its escaped your notice we now have a multi national squad, they will have teams at home they will be fans of, not au fait with etiquette in our stadiums they in all innocence bring their scarves. Good on em.

As for livetickets etc of course they dont have tickets ,they source them once you have coughed up. Which has already be said on here many times.
So quit the witch-hunt of OSC's, PB or anyone else for that matter.

Go tell KDB he's not allowed to bring his kin folk.
This doesn’t explain how Hajduk Split and Dynamo Dresden fans get tickets or how fans of the home team get tickets in our away end. These aren’t players’ mates.

These are from foreign tour and tout companies that City dish out and sell for £150-300 a pop.

Wembley for Spurs the weekend we won the league in 2018, there was an American woman and her kid next to my mate and she’d paid $300 for her ticket (can’t remember how much her son’s was). When my mate told her he paid £30 you should have seen her face!

Like I’ve said, there was a documentary on a few years back showing that record companies do it for concerts and there’s no way football clubs aren’t doing the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 2002 that loyalty points were first given when we got back into the PL to stay. I cannot recall any credit being given for my earlier away matches or else I would have had a fair old wad - there were a lot of games in the lower divisions plus those minor cup matches. Please.please spare me the sob story about 'student eats toast shocker'. There were many blues who couldn't go to matches because they had to put decent food into their kids' mouths. They found it difficult to earn enough to feed those families let alone 'earn' points. Were you able to afford Platinum btw?

I am afraid that there is an awful streak of self entitlement and perceived superiority amongst many high points holders. You use the word 'we' as a collective pronoun for that group and some even use 'us and them' in a disparaging way and laugh about those who in vain hoped to catch up. Not pleasant at all.

Not pleasant but accurate.

Yes but if they ask for more they will get more. Several ex City players in the away end at Brighton. I don’t begrudge that as it was a special occasion
So whose allocation do the extra come out of if the 5% has already been allocated

Wrong, all regular season ticket holders got 1500 point plus they tracked points back for aways back until I think 2001. And they were added as a lump sum at 10 points a game.

Whether you like it or not we did earn the right as that is what the system has rewarded. And as for hard yards I chose at 18 to eat toast for my tea at uni so I could afford to go to Walsall away, hiding in toilets on the way to aways because I had no money as a student, they were hard yards. I didn't do It for points I did it because I was obsessed with my team, the points I have now enable me to go anywhere I want bar Bournemouth.
Daft Donald likes this post. 'Can you borrow me 10p?'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.