EFL (Carabao Cup) Draw. (Preston Away)

Been told by a Preston fan that they are cashing in and charging normal league game prices

I never want city to lose, and I’m also very proud of our domestic trophy haul last season. But, dispassionately, I wouldn’t be too concerned if we didn’t repeat the domestic cup wins this season.

The first couple of rounds are great for giving the fringe players and youngsters a run out, but when it gets to the later rounds it becomes a very demanding competition. The December round is just what players don’t need with the Xmas programme looming. Yes, we played some youngsters at Leicester but there were also quite a few senior players involved.

The semi finals are even more demanding, two midweek games in January when other clubs are resting after Christmas. I still think the semi final against Bristol City in 17/18 was a significant factor in our 4-3 defeat at Liverpool who hadn’t played for 10 days. That didn’t prove costly in the league but must have given Liverpool a huge boost before the CL semifinals.

And once we reach the semis there are not as many opportunities for the kids or fringe players. Foden started on the bench for our home game against the mighty Burton. The previous year we ended up playing nearly our strongest line up in the second leg at Bristol.

And of course reaching the final means a tricky midweek rearranged PL fixture. We’ve won that game the last couple of years but it’s still a risk in a tight PL contest

If we beat Preston and then draw say Chelsea or Arsenal away and, without playing our strongest line up, lose on penalties, I would be very disappointed on the night but would probably wake up the next morning thinking it a blessing in disguise.

Lifting the trophy at the end of feb/start of March makes it all worth it. Don’t care what anyone says, lifting trophies is what it’s all about. I’d be gutted if we got to May and we were behind in the league, out the champions league and out of both cups.

I don't think Bury went bust because of the fans, or lack of them, or match-day income.

PNE's ticket prices for their own fans are here. Around £25 for adults https://www.pnefc.net/tickets/ticket-information/

Several lower league team’s wages exceed their turnover thus discouraging genuine investors and encouraging asset strippers who can buy for peanuts.

£25 isn’t bad if that’s what we will be paying.

Several lower league team’s wages exceed their turnover thus discouraging genuine investors and encouraging asset strippers who can buy for peanuts.

£25 isn’t bad if that’s what we will be paying.
It's not in isolation but if we were at home it'd by £10/£15 at the most.

I do understand the need for teams like Preston to grab the golden goose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.