Var debate 2019/20

I don't subscribe to the bent against City theory but I am struggling to see how VAR spots our handball but not Newcastle's. Dermot shrugging and saying Var just missed Newcastle's handball actually made me want to punch him in the face!
Perhaps they did not see the handball in which case they are not fit for purpose.
The very thing that justifies their existence they missed. Is this really the image that Dermot wants to portray?

Mistakes in real time happen, now mistakes in var by appointed var experts takes a little bit of justification.

A bar so high I doubt that even Sergey Bubka, at his peak, could get anywhere near it.
There used to be an advert, possibly before an Olympics, showing Bubka going over the bar, with a comment to the effect that Air Traffic Control had been notified.
The bar has been set so high with VAR decisions that the Laws of the Game themselves are in danger of being completely ignored, in their obsession to not overturn the referee's actions (or, more accurately, inactions).

The smell of corruption is nauseating.

So pretty much every call by the on field ref is backed by the VAR , only 2 is it that have been turned around by the VAR, Chelsea v Norwich and the Laporte handball.

The VAR said he missed the Newcastle handball, how is that even possible, you instantly saw it on the replay, everybody could see it clearly, makes no sense whatsoever. he should be called out immediately, he has not done his job.

I read, dunno if it's true or not? The same VAR we had that gave the Laporte handball did the Newcastle game and didn't give that one, anybody confirm that?

So pretty much every call by the on field ref is backed by the VAR , only 2 is it that have been turned around by the VAR, Chelsea v Norwich and the Laporte handball.

The VAR said he missed the Newcastle handball, how is that even possible, you instantly saw it on the replay, everybody could see it clearly, makes no sense whatsoever. he should be called out immediately, he has not done his job.

I read, dunno if it's true or not? The same VAR we had that gave the Laporte handball did the Newcastle game and didn't give that one, anybody confirm that?
Depends I suppose on what his brief is. If it is to treat all teams equally then I agree he is incompetent and should be named and shamed.
If he has been told to only treat City with the pedantic examination the Jesus "no goal" displayed then he will go far within the cartel influenced FA system.
It takes quite a lot of hubris to put someone as obviously flawed as Mr Riley in charge of referees.

Depends I suppose on what his brief is. If it is to treat all teams equally then I agree he is incompetent and should be named and shamed.
If he has been told to only treat City with the pedantic examination the Jesus "no goal" displayed then he will go far within the cartel influenced FA system.
It takes quite a lot of hubris to put someone as obviously flawed as Mr Riley in charge of referees.

I think you've misunderstood. One match was as VAR, one as ref.

Spurs match:
Ref; Michael Oliver
VAR: Graham Scott

Newcastle/Watford:
Ref: Graham Scott
VAR: Craig Pawson

I don't have a problem in the on-field ref missing the ricochet off the arm - without checking, he might have been blocked, and it happened quickly.
VAR on the other hand...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.