TV Series

Half way through series 1 of Dark and loving it. I love most things involving time travel and si far the charachters / story / atmosphere make it absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to watch more of it.

I'm still a bit shocked at how good it is, in just about every sense - casting, filming, lighting, set design, writing, music, performances. It's really so so good and I absolutely have to watch it in German eventhough I know very little German.

For any Germans in here, how reflective is a series like this of German film/tv in general or is this really just a reflection of how innovative Netflix have been in getting the best results in different countries? Some of the best series I've seen in the last couple of years have not been English or American

Finished Mindhunter season 2 this week and thought it was really good.

Just started La casa de papel, 5 episode in, let’s see how it develops.
On season 2 of Le Casa,really good and for me I prefer to watch it in Spanish with the English subtitles even though Netflix gives you the dubbed version.

Started watching Dark with my daughter at the weekend. Subtitles came up (location names initially)...then the dialogue started. Took me a few moments to work out (due to aforementioned location subtitles) that this was dubbed. Daughter said she'd prefer to watch it that way but it's an utterly bizarre way to watch/listen to anything (only animation gets away with it). Switched to subtitles about ten mins in thankfully. Dub or Sub is a new term for me though...
Well made show though so will continue.

Netflix's The Dark Crystal, based on the 80's Jim Henson movie classic, is pretty stellar. I find a lot of fantasy stuff quite tiring but I lapped up every minute of this.

On season 2 of Le Casa,really good and for me I prefer to watch it in Spanish with the English subtitles even though Netflix gives you the dubbed version.

I absolutely hate dubbing.

Hope la casa gets even better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.