Michael Owen vs Alan Shearer after calling Newcastle a Small Club

Don't like Shearer but Owen is a tool to disrespect the club and the fans like that, few comments on MOTD can not be used to generalise the whole fan base.

I think they call it P R or marketing or something like that. Surprised they haven't been on the One Show or that stupid bints 'Friends Round Friday' on radio 2.

How much is the book by the way and where can I get a copy......

Winter is usually pretty good, but lately gone off the rails.In yesterday's Times he wrote that OGS was getting it right, taking yoonited back to the top!! Sorry, Henry, you've been smoking something.

He’s not been the same since he left the Telegraph for the Times.

;-)

Owen is right though. Well supported and a big stadium but surely no club could be considered "A Big Club" by themselves or others if they haven't won even ONE major trophy in 64 years. They came close to winning a trophy on a number of occasions (including 1976 League Cup Final vs MCFC) but nonetheless the facts speak for themselves.

Prior to 2011 (and maybe since) most City supporters - including me - if asked, would have said that a club doesn’t have to win trophies to be considered a big one.

Prior to 2011 (and maybe since) most City supporters - including me - if asked, would have said that a club doesn’t have to win trophies to be considered a big one.
Obviously that is your opinion. As we all know, every club has it's history whether they have won a lot of trophies over the years or not.
But each club COMPETES to win as many trophies as possible,including promotion and relegation. So winning trophies is the reason why football clubs and indeed the whole football industry is about competition and winning trophies.
And imo the BIG (or maybe Elite Clubs is a more apt phrase) win the most trophies. If you don't agree with me,thats fine.

Obviously that is your opinion. As we all know, every club has it's history whether they have won a lot of trophies over the years or not.
But each club COMPETES to win as many trophies as possible,including promotion and relegation. So winning trophies is the reason why football clubs and indeed the whole football industry is about competition and winning trophies.
And imo the BIG (or maybe Elite Clubs is a more apt phrase) win the most trophies. If you don't agree with me,thats fine.

So did you consider City to be a big club before HRH bought us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.