Roughest / Most unwelcoming cities in the UK

Another vote for Cardiff.

Very unpleasant undertones. Liked the place, mostly, but the people were a bit uncouth.

Must be a Welsh thing because Brecon was the same.

The birds were very accommodating though!

lots of rough shitholes over there, often as not it's smaller towns and cities. Northampton, Southampton, Coventry, Pompey to name but a few

Working in Scunthorpe

What a dump.
Had a generator nicked off site 10 grands worth.
Labourer robbed us blind from local travis perkins.
Really is a shit hole

Stayed in Scunthorpe about a year ago. We asked The hotel receptionist where could we go in the city that’s good for a few beers and something to eat.

She replied don’t absolutely not they will know you are outsiders and you will end up in trouble.

Nice

Who put the **** in Scunthorpe?

Aldershot is a good shout.

I've had som Bizzare nights out there. Army wives can be a bit of a nightmare when they've had a skinfull.

Rochester is also another dump on a night out.

I'll also add sCuntThorpe to the list.

Woah what’s with all the hate. My hometown, moved out about 8 years ago but I couldn’t have been the **** as it’s still there.

I had 10 years in Carlisle and was seriously glad to get away. To be fair I lived a bit too close to Raffles estate and also had the infamous Paul Dodd (football hooligan) living up the road.
I once made the mistake of cutting through Raffles late at night and it felt like the night scene in Escape From New York where he’s being followed by all the crazies.
Horrible place!

Another vote for Cardiff.

That’s not the Cardiff I know. There’s some quality boozers around and it hosts regular events. It can get a bit boisterous if the Rugby is going well (a sport I hate) but I find the city welcoming. My family background is Swansea territory too.

Not a city I know, but recently went to Slough with my mate to do a parkrun. Walked through the shopping centre to get to the Travelodge and it was just deserted with hardly any shops. Checked in then looked for somewhere to eat. Barely any choice, chose a Pizza Express nearby. Nobody else in on a Friday night!

We then went fora walk to the park where we'd be running and felt unsafe the whole time. Full of scrotes, dodgy people loitering, people shouting, rough looking shops and pubs. Also we noticed we didn't see one other female around at all on the streets. Very odd. I'll go anywhere and not feel threatened, go for a run on my own in many places here and abroad but in Slough as two lone females we decided it was safest to just stay in! Was in the hotel with nothing to do for 8pm! Absolute dump.

Breakfast at Weatherspoons Sat morning was an interesting affair too as I'm sure you can imagine.

Gravesend, another dive of a town recently visited.

I had 10 years in Carlisle and was seriously glad to get away. To be fair I lived a bit too close to Raffles estate and also had the infamous Paul Dodd (football hooligan) living up the road.
I once made the mistake of cutting through Raffles late at night and it felt like the night scene in Escape From New York where he’s being followed by all the crazies.
Horrible place!

My daughter recently finished 3 years there at University of Cumbria. She has absolutely nothing positive to say about the place and credits its nightlife with her First in that it was so shit she just stayed in and studied. Must say when I went there to pick her up, visit etc I found it dark, dated and miserable. And I was brought up in fucking Middleton !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.