I really wish Liverpool hadn't won the Premier league last year

frimpongs_buzzin

look at this, its an article about everyones stats which is fine, but the way its titled 'Who tries to play like Liverpool?' imply other teams are trying to get to their heights like they are this all conquering force. we are the reigning champions of English football, I get there's more than one great team in the league, but everything seems to be a media agenda to push Liverpool into the forefront of peoples minds as the greatest.

maybe I'm just a cynical paranoid blue, but even Klopp being centre of the image with Pep behind him winds me up.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-club-styles-revealed-in-advanced-opta-stats

look at this, its an article about everyones stats which is fine, but the way its titled 'Who tries to play like Liverpool?' imply other teams are trying to get to their heights like they are this all conquering force. we are the reigning champions of English football, I get there's more than one great team in the league, but everything seems to be a media agenda to push Liverpool into the forefront of peoples minds as the greatest.

maybe I'm just a cynical paranoid blue, but even Klopp being centre of the image with Pep behind him winds me up.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-club-styles-revealed-in-advanced-opta-stats
There absolutely isn't. As we all learned last season, you can't be considered a great team until you've retained a Premier League title, and so by definition, there's only one great team in the league and Liverpool winning it this season wouldn't change that. Or perhaps there'll be different rules about greatness if they win it once.

Liverpool only trail City by the smallest of margins across a raft of these metrics - but notably attack at fast speeds more frequently, with fewer passes.

This is what a lot of teams do - boot it forwards and chase after it. I think BFSam has written a coaching manual about it. We used to call it 'kick 'n run'!!

Also interesting that the graphic with six managers has Klippity at the front. Subliminal placing? We know how the RDAHMeedya works and they get more blatant the longer the Dippers are PL title-less. Christ knows what they'll write if they win one. Hansard will no doubt have a supplement.

LFC are a clickbait team. So are United, they will always get the increased coverage. Surely everyone knows this now? It's not as much bias as it is money. though there are quite a few LFC/Utd fans pulling the media strings
and how does it change if they keep reinforcing the stereotype?

Just noticed that on my skyapp turns out we have highest scores except for direct speed of attacking and even sky dismiss this as a deferentiator noting we keep possesion and score more goals. Been at least 5 articles this week on when the rags are going to next win the league
Not in my lifetime...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.