I really wish Liverpool hadn't won the Premier league last year

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Hammo99, 6 Sep 2019.

1. Hammo99

Hammo99

look at this, its an article about everyones stats which is fine, but the way its titled 'Who tries to play like Liverpool?' imply other teams are trying to get to their heights like they are this all conquering force. we are the reigning champions of English football, I get there's more than one great team in the league, but everything seems to be a media agenda to push Liverpool into the forefront of peoples minds as the greatest.

maybe I'm just a cynical paranoid blue, but even Klopp being centre of the image with Pep behind him winds me up.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...e-club-styles-revealed-in-advanced-opta-stats

2. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

There absolutely isn't. As we all learned last season, you can't be considered a great team until you've retained a Premier League title, and so by definition, there's only one great team in the league and Liverpool winning it this season wouldn't change that. Or perhaps there'll be different rules about greatness if they win it once.

Pontypool Blue likes this.
  3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Liverpool only trail City by the smallest of margins across a raft of these metrics - but notably attack at fast speeds more frequently, with fewer passes.

This is what a lot of teams do - boot it forwards and chase after it. I think BFSam has written a coaching manual about it. We used to call it 'kick 'n run'!!

Also interesting that the graphic with six managers has Klippity at the front. Subliminal placing? We know how the RDAHMeedya works and they get more blatant the longer the Dippers are PL title-less. Christ knows what they'll write if they win one. Hansard will no doubt have a supplement.

4. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

LFC are a clickbait team. So are United, they will always get the increased coverage. Surely everyone knows this now? It's not as much bias as it is money. though there are quite a few LFC/Utd fans pulling the media strings

5. GAZZA

GAZZA

and how does it change if they keep reinforcing the stereotype?

6. Blue Til Death

Blue Til Death

Who gives a fuck the only statistic that counts is who has the most points/ better goal average on the final day or in City's case a good few weeks before that.... Any other statistic is completely and utterly irrelevant .....

Happy Friday Blues

7. RibboCop

RibboCop

Team supported:
    City still do
    Just noticed that on my skyapp turns out we have highest scores except for direct speed of attacking and even sky dismiss this as a deferentiator noting we keep possesion and score more goals. Been at least 5 articles this week on when the rags are going to next win the league

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.
  8. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Not in my lifetime...

9. Aytoun

Aytoun

littlewoods football club, every second counts

10. MillisleBlue

MillisleBlue

Never ever underestimate the influence of the media - especially on those who either can't or won't think for themselves.