Running thread

Thinking about getting back into the running again, i've put on too much weight this year.
Go for it. I started running last December. Coupled with healthier eating, I've lost nearly four stones in a year, and feel loads better and healthier as a result.

When people start noticing and asking if you have lost weight, it gives you so much additional motivation to continue. Plus you don't need to be Mo Farah. Just find your own level and run at a pace that suits you and you will soon feel the benefits. Find like-minded people to encourage you. Park runs are great for this.

Any Great North Runners this morning? I sadly had to defer my place this week after being struck down with tonsillitis. Still, it means I've got something to aim for, for next year. Went out and gently jogged a half marathon around the local villages to make up for missing it.

Apart from a very small, local 10k in a couple of weeks, the running season is now over for me. It's been very successful, with a marathon PB in London followed by two half marathon PBs. I'm now excited to kick-start my winter training with the aim of getting big, big PBs in every distance (marathon, half and 10k) in the spring.

Do you guys have any training plans or aims for over the next few months? I'm considering the Manchester Marathon if I don't get in to London.

Local 10k? Woodford?

Go for it. I started running last December. Coupled with healthier eating, I've lost nearly four stones in a year, and feel loads better and healthier as a result.

When people start noticing and asking if you have lost weight, it gives you so much additional motivation to continue. Plus you don't need to be Mo Farah. Just find your own level and run at a pace that suits you and you will soon feel the benefits. Find like-minded people to encourage you. Park runs are great for this.

I actually did this about 4 years ago, cut out the meat didn't touch a drop of alcohol for 5 months and got up to 5 miles a night 4 nights a week.

Felt so much better in general and then went on a lads week in Benidorm, fell off the wagon in spectacular fashion and everything else went by the wayside.

@inchy14

I guess you run with a watch as it shows your average heart rate on Strava.
Just wondered, how does the watch link to Strava - can you submit straight away after a run ?

@inchy14

I guess you run with a watch as it shows your average heart rate on Strava.
Just wondered, how does the watch link to Strava - can you submit straight away after a run ?

Bluetooth mate as soon as you are with your phone.

Same goes with Garmin connect.

Ah ok. Makes sense. Would prefer a watch but I have to run with my iPhone in my pocket as I’m on call 24/7

I bought the garmin fenix 5 last year and it is fantastic mate.

Probably over kill for just running but if you cycle and swim and get outdoors then its the dogs.

New fenix 6 is out so cracking deals on the 5 if you fancy the splurge.

I'm running the Manchester Half in October for The Christie and doing the full marathon next year.
Running helps me with my anxiety issues and it depression.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.