Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a long, awful tragic history associated with blackface mate. It has been used to demean an entire group of people to be seen as lesser than human and we still face similar problems with monkey chants and other similar events in sport, so how is this not still a problem rather than being "PC?"
Is there really. My recollection years ago was the Black and White Minstrel Show. Normal people at the time didn't think it was demeaning it was just entertainment. Incidentally when I was a boy we had a black cat called ******. It wasn't unusual in those days. How do you like that.

Other countries have more freedom of speech. It's enough to stop players wanting to come here.

Not exactly been a successful deterrent, has it?

Incidentally when I was a boy we had a black cat called ******. It wasn't unusual in those days. How do you like that.

What's your point here? Just seems like you're trying to provoke a reaction.

There's a long, awful tragic history associated with blackface mate. It has been used to demean an entire group of people to be seen as lesser than human and we still face similar problems with monkey chants and other similar events in sport, so how is this not still a problem rather than being "PC?"

There will always be a small minority of fuckwitts who will be racist/homophobic and so on. Some of them may behave in a racist way when they go to football. By and large they are dealt with banned or whatever. I do not however think there is a need for the likes of kick it out, whom have those within who make a bloody good living out of racism.

If racism was eradicated in football or indeed society there would be an awful lot of people a lot less well off.

What snowflakes? What PC Mob? There was no huge outcry.

The post was taken down by Bernardo or one of his media team.

The only people over reacting on here are those offended at the thought that people might be offended.
You think the (over-reactive) calls for action to be taken against him are ok? Nothing to argue with? What about him "being educated"? Is that all appropriate?

He made a mistake, he isnt racist, the politics and tribalism of football and the PC environment means he could get crucified. You DONT think that is over-reacting?

Not exactly been a successful deterrent, has it?

What's your point here? Just seems like you're trying to provoke a reaction.

(a) Not yet but it is a relatively new phenomenon.
(b) The point was mainly in response to "there's a long, awful tragic history associated with blackface mate". I have seen similar comment before. I think it's nonsense. Perhaps you don't.

Events such as these always prompt plenty of users to expose their leanings and usually take an aggressively defensive stance. The upside is that it reminds me to not go on the Off Topic forum.

If you can't express your opinion without resorting to infantile name calling and talking in extremes, you'll look like an ignorant dickhead. On top of that, I'm pretty sure Bernardo would be embarrassed to have people like that defending him.

Which posts are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.