City Maintain Premier League Record Of 18 Wins In A Row!

The record is noted as 18 consecutive wins, not 18 consecutive wins in one season.
when arsenal went unbeaten, their tally didn’t stop at 38 games, it’s in the record books as 49 games unbeaten, If the scousers do it, they’ve bettered our record. If people want to cling on to 18 wins in a single season as a separate record that’s fine but it becomes an inferior record.

Let’s face it the Dippers are best at everything- they genuinely believe they are best at anything and everything. At the end of the day - we won a domestic treble - which largely proves they are blowing smoke up their own arse.

The record is noted as 18 consecutive wins, not 18 consecutive wins in one season.
when arsenal went unbeaten, their tally didn’t stop at 38 games, it’s in the record books as 49 games unbeaten, If the scousers do it, they’ve bettered our record. If people want to cling on to 18 wins in a single season as a separate record that’s fine but it becomes an inferior record.
It is a better record as it was week after week in a high pressure situation,18 in those circumstance will always be better than a few at the end of the season,3 mths off than a few more wins
Let's accept it's 2 different records then

It is a better record as it was week after week in a high pressure situation,18 in those circumstance will always be better than a few at the end of the season,3 mths off than a few more wins
Genuine question, but if we’d beat spurs and then Norwich and gone on to win 30 consecutive games say, do you think anyone on here would care it was over 2 seasons? I don’t, we’d rightly be loving it. We can’t just add caveats to records because it’s liverpool.

Genuine question, but if we’d beat spurs and then Norwich and gone on to win 30 consecutive games say, do you think anyone on here would care it was over 2 seasons? I don’t, we’d rightly be loving it. We can’t just add caveats to records because it’s liverpool.
I truely think i would feel the same,i wouldn't argue agaist it ut it wouldn't be quite the same to me

I truely think i would feel the same,i wouldn't argue agaist it ut it wouldn't be quite the same to me
Fair enough. I can’t stand them, but if they do it then they deserve the record and it’s up to us to go and beat it again. Either way it’s a pretty remarkable achievement to win that many games on the bounce. Just shows how two sided the PL has become.

Perfectly fine recognising two different records but to suggest ours would be better is bizarre in my eyes, even moreso when you’re saying ours was better because of the high pressure situation we were in. Their run has been during a much more pressured period. Liverpool started this run having to win every game to stay in the race for the league with ourselves breathing down their necks every step of the way winning 14 on the bounce and then they’ve gone into this season knowing they possibly have to do even better than the 3rd best points tally ever in a season where they lost just once because of how good we are. For comparison, our run was in a season where we almost won the league at the earliest ever date, we were in cruise mode by about November with the league practically in the bag already.

Look at it like this,if you want to break a record that is in the guiness book of records it has to be under the same conditions as the original record
Say how many crackers you can eat in 60 secs,you can't put your hand up at 30 secs and say can we have a break so i can have a drink and a piss then come back and do the last 30 secs,you can't because that is not how the original record was set
We hold the record for wins in ONE season,unless they do the same then they are not breaking our record,they are setting a new combined season wins,the media don't want pep to hold records over klopp hence the push for it
Sounds great....sadly, not how the consecutive wins record APPARENTLY works!

If it is, great! If not, meh!

The key to this is HOW IS THE RECORD CREATED AND STATED?

I really could not care less, tbh.

Perfectly fine recognising two different records but to suggest ours would be better is bizarre in my eyes, even moreso when you’re saying ours was better because of the high pressure situation we were in. Their run has been during a much more pressured period. Liverpool started this run having to win every game to stay in the race for the league with ourselves breathing down their necks every step of the way winning 14 on the bounce and then they’ve gone into this season knowing they possibly have to do even better than the 3rd best points tally ever in a season where they lost just once because of how good we are. For comparison, our run was in a season where we almost won the league at the earliest ever date, we were in cruise mode by about November with the league practically in the bag already.
It is special doing it in one season,it doesn't matter if we were in cruise mode or not,we still had to win those games,it's 2 seperate records to me,having a break in the middle makes it different to all in one go,different conditions = not the same record
Anyway i'm not going to repeat myself anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.