Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be given a break ! It was just tongue in cheek. Furthermore, Mendy took it on the chin based on the video posted by Bernardo earlier on. It is just ridiculous how people are getting on his case !

Apparently you can’t use the word witch-hunt any longer these days just in case the person you are talking or about believes in paganism. I kid you not, happened to a friend of mine recently who was bollocked for using such a word. He has also, in the past, been reprimanded for using the word brainstorming as in the sentence ‘we are having a brainstorming session on the subject later’. The world has been taken over by liberal left wing namby pambies

To be fair he deserves it for 'brainstorming'.

A classic example of how political correctness has gone too far, especially in the UK and the USA. Now I grew up on the Kippax where racist and homophobic chanting were virtually the norm. Nobody batted an eyelid. That's completely unacceptable now and that's all to the good. But this kind of nit-picking by self-appointed ayatollahs is something to deplore, and will ultimately destroy the spontaneity of social interaction.

Anyone who gives a fuck about it must have very few real issues in their lives. Lucky things.
So true, but I imagine he'll get punished given the rush to be offended by today's unanalytical, condemning society.
The thought control some think they should have, leads to misinterpretations such as this - even evident in the unexplained censoring on here.

If say henderson has sent the same tweet about mane would we have the same outcry, i very much doubt it. Could imagine big nose thompson on sky its banter between friends end off, nothing else would be mentioned again its a disgrace

It seems it was a joke about his mate shared with others. Like jokes are.

The sharing is the part that is in question here.

Saying or questioning if Bernardo is a racist seems to me off the mark. It looks like the two of them have this kind of relationship.

I know others who act like this between each other. Calling each other using clearly racist language which would never be used in normal conversation.

He has made an error and will pay a price, either a ban but also how he is now going to be looked at by others.

I agree with all of that, but there's a concerning trend on this thread to just invent things or take them completely out of context to defend Bernardo.

No, Aguero being nicknamed Kun isn't racist because the comparison isn't "Aguero is Japanese so he looks like this racist depiction of a japanese person!". No it's not a private joke between friends if you share it with 600,000 people. No, it's not comparable to likening De Bruyne to tin tin.

Where has the common sense gone? Why can people not see how comparing a guy to a racist cartoon depiction of a Congolese savage could be interpreted as racist even if Bernardo did it accidentally with no malice?

Mendy looks like the character, just like De Bruyne looks like Tin Tin and I look like a cross between Quasimodo and Grant Mitchell. Bernardo is clearly a racist cúnt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.