Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm in no way diminishing City's performance. In fact quite the opposite - it's because of City's superlative performance after that point and for the rest of the season that I wouldn't say Liverpool bottled it. Lost a 7 point lead? Of course, no denying that, I just disagree with the bottling description that's all.

The coward Klopp bottled it big time against United at OT. Their already injury ravaged side lost three more players injured in the first half and Klopp still played for a 0-0 draw. Those two points lost when Klopp bottled it ended up being crucial. Yet you lot think that the German Alan Partridge is great because he beats his chest and runs up and down the touchline like a demented kangaroo.

The coward Klopp bottled it big time against United at OT. Their already injury ravaged side lost three more players injured in the first half and Klopp still played for a 0-0 draw. Those two points lost when Klopp bottled it ended up being crucial. Yet you lot think that the German Alan Partridge is great because he beats his chest and runs up and down the touchline like a demented kangaroo.

Great, now I' am googling demented kangaroo

Klopp is one shrewd fucker he plays the media and public like a fiddle, he looks like he's on day release from rampton when you see him and talks like everyones best friend cracking jokes etc but theres a method to his madness. What a great guy, what passion, adopted scouser etc the list is endless" but he's no more than a con man.Since replacing rodgers in 2015 he has won the champions league albeit being beaten on a few occasions in the tournament on the way to achieving this. If after being 5 points clear this season with this wonderful team he's amassed he fails to win the league again he forever should be known as jurgeon flopp.
This will never happen though as we've seen just recently with the recent awards being dished out everywhere apart from where they truly belong. Well let him carry on running up touchlines, beating his chest, pumping his fists and we'll carry on winning silverware" anyone who knows anything about football knows we have the best owners, manager, and team the premier league has ever seen

Klopp is one shrewd fucker he plays the media and public like a fiddle, he looks like he's on day release from rampton when you see him and talks like everyones best friend cracking jokes etc but theres a method to his madness. What a great guy, what passion, adopted scouser etc the list is endless" but he's no more than a con man.Since replacing rodgers in 2015 he has won the champions league albeit being beaten on a few occasions in the tournament on the way to achieving this. If after being 5 points clear this season with this wonderful team he's amassed he fails to win the league again he forever should be known as jurgeon flopp.
This will never happen though as we've seen just recently with the recent awards being dished out everywhere apart from where they truly belong. Well let him carry on running up touchlines, beating his chest, pumping his fists and we'll carry on winning silverware" anyone who knows anything about football knows we have the best owners, manager, and team the premier league has ever seen

There seems to be a contradiction in your argument. If you have the best owners, manager and team the Premier league has ever seen (and I actually just about agree with the manager and team part), then shouldn't you expect to win everything and beat everybody all the time? In which case, how exactly does this make Klopp a con man if he loses to the greatest and best? He's never claimed Liverpool are the best team, just that we could beat the best.

With reference to the 5 point lead, theres 32 more games to go and we haven't played the same opposition. If we are in the same position with 3 or 4 games to go, then it would be a different consideration, but if dropping 5 points means a team is bottling it, then surely that would mean that so far this season City have done so? (which I stress again I don't believe so)

There seems to be a contradiction in your argument. If you have the best owners, manager and team the Premier league has ever seen (and I actually just about agree with the manager and team part), then shouldn't you expect to win everything and beat everybody all the time? In which case, how exactly does this make Klopp a con man if he loses to the greatest and best? He's never claimed Liverpool are the best team, just that we could beat the best.

With reference to the 5 point lead, theres 32 more games to go and we haven't played the same opposition. If we are in the same position with 3 or 4 games to go, then it would be a different consideration, but if dropping 5 points means a team is bottling it, then surely that would mean that so far this season City have done so? (which I stress again I don't believe so)

So if you agree with my manager and team statement do you also agree then the recent awards are a farce and pep a long with half the squad should have been stood up there receiving the accolades they so richly deserved. Domestic trebble in the hardest league in the world and nothing bent as fuck pal

Last edited:
Klopp won the FIFA award because Liverpool won the CL.

That is it.

Apart from winning the CL, minus all the defeats and draws on the way to the winning the CL final.....

What else did Klopp achieve and win last season?

If anyone can explain to me why Klopp won the FIFA award apart from winning the CL, I’m all eyes.

So if you agree with my manager and team statement do you also agree then the recent awards are a farce and pep a long with half the squad should have been sood up there receiving the accolades they so richly deserved. Domestic trebble in the hardest league in the world and nothing bent as fuck pal

For the most part, yes I do agree with you. I think Alisson for best keeper was a reasonable assessment, including his international form, but I would have put Pep above Klopp for the season, albeit by the finest of margins (meaning if Liverpool had pipped City to the title). Individual player awards are more tricky, because your strength is more on your superb attacking midfield, and such players rarely seem to be rewarded as they should.

FIFA awards are ridiculously biased towards part successes (hence number of real players in the team of the season), and to the winners of the champions league, on which they place undue focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.