United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still winning trophies off the pitch.

Manchester United enjoyed a record year despite the club’s ongoing problems on the pitch. The club announced financial results for the 2019 fiscal fourth quarter and twelve months ended 30 June 2019. The club had record revenues of £627m last year an increase of 6.3%. But the Old Trafford outfit warned that revenues are likely to fall next year due to the lack of Champions League football. The club had pre-tax profits of £27.5m up form £25.8m despite a campaign which saw them fail to qualify for the lucrative Champion...

Revenue is vanity. Profit is sanity.

Woodward’s given each appointee a shit load of money. Which they have spunked in order to keep moving in reverse.
It is a good point, an angle the Glazer's are seemingly blind to, at least to a degree. Eventually though if Woodward is not the ultimate boss, you have to look at who is and why they do not act. You could say he is pulling the wool over the Glazer's eyes in some ways. Before the figures released with the shareholders stuff were announced i thought everything was looking rosy, financially, for them. That said they are selling some shares i believe with no voice on the board to fix that cash flow issue.

If it were me i'd be looking exclusively at the Glazer's i think.

Genuine question. Why isn’t baconface (don’t call him Fergie, please) advising them on the strategic football side?

Or maybe he is/has and has just lost the plot.

I’ve wondered this as well. I could see LVG and Jose ignoring him, but you’d think Moyes and Ole wouldn’t have as huge egos. Seems either he’s out of it or he’s out of it.

I’ve wondered this as well. I could see LVG and Jose ignoring him, but you’d think Moyes and Ole wouldn’t have as huge egos. Seems either he’s out of it or he’s out of it.
The day to day stuff isn’t quite what I meant. Despite not being on the board, I would have expected him to be performing a de facto part time Director of Football role, and certainly be advising Woodwoodwoodwood on managerial appointments. Can you see him sitting in the stands as an uninvolved observer?

If so, he’s lost his touch.

I see that Phil the Face ‘he’s getting sacked inthe morning’ has once again been included in u****d’s special needs group of players who take part in the minor trophies. Splendid. The next England captain iirc. In other news wasn’t it an absolute pleasure to see Tom Zidane Cleverly complete 90 minutes on Satutday. A finer ‘give and go’ merchant you will never see in the premier league. How i love his short lay offs before bombing up the pitch at 1,000 miles an hour to receive the return pass - except no ones going to pass to him on account of him being the most pointless footballer since Titus Bramble. To be fair he has since realised that his team mates are now under strict instructions never to pass to him and so these days he spends his time bossing the centre circle but only of course when the play is in the final third. Surprisingly when the action is in centre mid tHis particular cock womble likes to hug the touch line.

Last edited:
rnAC8JQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.