Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget any potential ban, that’s not the most important thing here. even though nobody believes it had any racist intent, a player has now been labelled a racist and will have that attached to his name for life. You can guarantee he’s going to be subjected to chants at places like Burnley liverpool villa and many more declaring him racist. Any football headlines he may make for the foreseeable future will mention this. That’s a difficult thing for any person to deal with, it’s bound to have a significant impact on him.

We should have the players on a total media blackout. No public social media accounts, no media/press interaction and for any contractual obligations we should take a leaf out of marshawn lynch’s Book and answer every question with a stock “ I’m only here so I don’t get fined” response. Our in house media team can provide everything else for the fans.

He'll probably be cheered in Burnley

No one is going to remember this in a week. Except of course if you start a completely unnecessary and drawn out legal fight about it.
Personally I wouldn’t take one single penny fine , or one single match ban & would go right to the very top court to fight this , it might mean nothing to you but Bernado is being branded a racist , he’s not & should accept no punishment . I would actually quit football rather than take punishment when innocent off an organisation like the FA

I am really becoming disillusioned with football. This is completely insane.

We can’t fight back as all it will do is give idiot pundits a platform to try and grab some headlines like Hinchcliffe. They know city is on the world stage now, if we were mid table then nothing would be said.

Do the FA or UEFA apply common sense to anything ???? All the work sterling does and what he says about this and they still do what they want. All they do is make it harder for serious & real racial incidents to be taken seriously.

I feel sorry for Bernardo. Be good for fans to chant his name at weekend so he knows we all think it’s total bollox

Personally I wouldn’t take one single penny fine , or one single match ban & would go right to the very top court to fight this , it might mean nothing to you but Bernado is being branded a racist , he’s not & should accept no punishment . I would actually quit football rather than take punishment when innocent off an organisation like the FA

It would be very right thing to do, he's labelled as racist for a lifetime if he gets andy punishment, but I guess City would pressure him against doing that as it would just continue to be talked about and cause more bad PR. It's shit situation, but he should have been much smarter than this.

Pretty much, yeah. Look back any of the countless other dumb things footballers have said over the years and how no one really cares after the initial coverage falls off. It's being dramatized on here because its City but the story had already died down prior to Pep opening his mouth a second time on it.
That’s just not true is it , suits your point though so just carry on .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.