Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Worse than Norwich for me. Usually positive but can see Liverpool going 11 clear we go there in November. Defence from front to back is not right.

Fuck they will absolutely destroy us. Even the scum would beat us right now and thats tragic. On another day we just got beat 6-0 by fucking wolves!

Can see this being Pep's last season, you know already it's just going to be so inconsistent and he won't enjoy that one bit. That Norwich defeat should've set alarm bells ringing, but as others have said this was far more damaging. Seemed like a real defeatist attitude with that team today, worrying times ahead.

If you reads Peps book towards the end of his term at Barca, Mouriniho got under his skin and he started to over think things.

This was the issue. Wolves are happy with a point so can afford to employ the tactics of putting everyone behind the ball. How do you counter this? You can do the same and play a boring 0 0.
But if you're the team that needs a win you just have to put more men in their area (that's what she said).

In doing this you leave yourself vulnerable to the counter attack. You have to put every man in their half just to deal with how many players they have in the way.

Then they wait for a misplaced pass, which is likely given the amount of players they have in the box and they sucker punch you. It's not good football and it's hars to take but if you look back to the friendly in the Asia cup this manager tried EXACTLY the same tactics then and he has done it again.

You can't degend when all your players are in their half and they have players waiting to counter. You can, but then you have less players attacking their packed out box.

It's a game perfect for a Mournhio 0 0. But we need the points so we were punished .

Good post

Liverpool have the advantage of playing the same players in the same positions for 3 years in a row, they know exactly who they are playing with and dont get injuries.

We rotate alot out of necessity for sure due to injuries and game time but Pep still has to be blamed here. He got the personnel and tactics wrong, and his inability to trust younger players like Foden or Angelino is becoming more and more frustrating.

With a central defence of Laporte and Kompany we don't concede those chances and we end up controlling the game with more possession overall. That's the big difference I see this season.

Unfortunately I think the league is gone. It's simply not a title winning defence.

Missed the game today because of illness so my wife went on her own, she's just phoned to say if you've got to miss a game, this was the one.

We seemed like we were wading through treacle, no speed, no energy, no creativity! I can't understand it.

But if you had to look for one over arching reason, It's our formation and game plan, this one is on Pep.

There were world class players in sky blue on the pitch today, but you wouldn't have known it, but although there there were some poor performances and that contributed to the result, that's not why we lost.

Pep needs to sit in a darkened room with a bottle of whisky and reflect.
Sure pep does go in dark room and loop the shit he made with not taking Gundog off for Bernie.
But he is a human too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.